About the role
- Work with Melbourne’s most progressive housing and homelessness organisation
- Full-Time, Fixed-Term opportunity through to June 2020
- Convenient St Kilda location, close to public transportation, shops and cafes
- $69,065 per annum +super (pro-rata)
- Additional Wellbeing Leave and Salary Packaging
- Flexible working environment
About the role
We are currently seeking a highly skilled Case Manager- Complex Care to join our St Kilda team. This role will work with the Inner South Outreach team who provide intensive, flexible and creative support to people who have experienced chronic homelessness. Launch Housing’s vision for the Complex Care program is that it works to end homelessness by providing rapid access to permanent, affordable and safe housing as a foundation together with targeted support to improve quality of life and encourage independence, empowerment, autonomy and dignity.
We’re seeking someone who can provide case management to a diverse and complex caseload using a model of persistent and assertive outreach. You will have a passion for working with people experiencing homelessness and determination to deliver innovative and effective services of the highest possible standard for our clients.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- An understanding of homelessness, in particular of the needs and issues impacting our clients.
- A demonstrated capacity to work flexibly, and have the ability to manage competing demands and the setting of boundaries and limits.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other organisations in formal and informal partnerships to achieve client outcomes.
- Ability to build positive relationships and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities, coupled with the ability to act with empathy, sensitivity and understanding.
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in the social welfare sector, working with clients with complex needs.
This exciting role would be an opportunity for you to further develop your career in the sector. To obtain a full position description and to apply for this opportunity, please follow the ‘How to Apply’ instructions (below). If you need further information regarding this position, please contact Nicola Connolly on 0451309820.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will be required to complete a Working with Children check and Police check. Launch Housing is an Equal Opportunity employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as a unique expertise, and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.
About the organisation
Launch Housing has an ambitious and singular mission to end homelessness. We aim to get people housed, keep them housed, and be an influential voice on ending homelessness. We are a secular, independent provider of choice for clients and the 'go to' organisation on homelessness for government, media, philanthropy, private donors and the community.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case manager – complex care via Pro Bono Australia.