About the role
Join our Team to make a difference to the lives of Aboriginal Children and Families
- 3 Full time positions
- Limited Case Load
These positions play a key role in working with Aboriginal children and families, Government and sector partners to reduce the over representation of Aboriginal children involved with child protection services. Children in the program may be on Protection Orders living at home or in alternative care arrangements.
The positions will also actively contribute to the development of internal and state-wide policies, procedures and protocols relating to the section 18 programs.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- An ability to work in a culturally respectful and competent manner with Aboriginal children, their families and communities to ensure that cultural connections are fostered and maintained
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of
- Child development, attachment and trauma as they relate to Aboriginal children
- Demonstrated ability to use this knowledge to guide practice with Aboriginal children, families and carers
- Legislation, policy and practice requirements relating to Aboriginal children, families and communities
- Ability to undertake complex casework with children in out of home care who have experienced trauma and may present with challenging behaviours, including using culturally safe therapeutic approaches to heal and build resilience
- Ability to complete assessments
- Ability to develop, implement and reviews plans for children and young people
- Ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with Aboriginal children, families, carers and other service providers to achieve outcomes
- Ability to advocate on behalf of Aboriginal children and families
- Good written and computer skills with the ability to prepare reports
- Experience working in either child, youth or family wefare sector OR
- Diploma of Community Services Work or equivalent qualification
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
We provide a positive, culturally safe workplace environment supported by family friendly and culturally sensitive workforce policies, including professional development, continuing education and staff wellbeing.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Manager - Nugel via Pro Bono Australia.