About the role
Our client, Junaya Family Development Services (JFDS), is seeking a qualified and experienced, committed and enthusiastic Caseworker to engage with youth & families experiencing disadvantage.
Your new job…
This position provides client-centered, strengths-based, flexible and high-quality case management to help young client’s and their families build their capacity including assessment, planning, referral and advocacy as well as group work activities.
The role is Permanent Part Time at 21 hours per week to be worked over 3 days per week (specific days of work to be negotiated). Salary for this role is classified at level 4 in the NSW SCHADS Award (Pay Point to be determined based on experience). The role is based in Blacktown but covers the whole of Blacktown LGA therefore some travel will be necessary, therefore you will need a current driver’s license.
What you’ll need to succeed…
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, proactive, experienced professional with relevant tertiary qualifications as well as experience in all areas of case management, group work facilitation and demonstrated abilities in working collaboratively with other professionals.
- Minimum Diploma in Youth Work or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in case management with young people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated understanding the needs of young people living in Western Sydney
- Demonstrated ability to work within a strengths-based, client-centred framework & ability to build a good rapport with clients working in a sensitive and respectful manner
- Demonstrated experience and skills in planning, delivering and evaluating group work activities
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Cultural competence and ability to work with diverse communities
- Highly developed skills and experience in networking, and liaison and working in collaboration with other service providers and stakeholders
- Computer skills and experience working with client information electronically
- Ability to preserve & maintain confidential information
- Demonstrated experience and understanding and working knowledge of relevant legislation (i.e. Keep Them Safe)
- Current driver’s licence and regular access to own comprehensively insured vehicle
- Current NSW Working with Children check clearance and willingness to participate in a National Police Background check
What you’ll get in return…
- Salary Packaging – increase your take home pay!
- Some above Award conditions
- Supportive team environment
If you have a strong background and relevant qualifications in youth work with a commitment to strengthening thew lives of young people and their families, then this is the role for you!
About the organisation
Your new employer…
Junaya Family Development Services is a community organisation located in Blacktown area and provides a range of services for families to assist in strengthening and building capacity.
JFDS offers an Early Intervention & prevention program (EIPP) providing information and advice for families who have children 0-18 years, as well as a 12-week home visiting program for families who have children 0-18 years and who live in the Blacktown LGA. In addition, they have a Learning Difficulties/Disability project also for families who have a children 0-18 years who experience a learning difficulty or disability and who reside in the Blacktown LGA.
Leave work each day feeling part of making a difference to the local community! Find out more about Junaya via https://junaya.org.au/
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Worker (Youth & Families) via Pro Bono Australia.