About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time maximum term until June 2020, based at Narre Warren
- Establish, expand or transfer your social work skills
- Ideal role for social work graduates with relevant placement experience
We have an exciting opportunity for a social worker to join the team as a Child FIRST Practitioner based at our Narre Warren office. The position is full time with regular 9 to 5 hours, and is initially maximum term until June 2020.
Child FIRST (Family Information Referral and Support Team) is the common intake point for referrals from DHHS Child Protection, schools, other community service organisations and the general community.
A typical busy day will include:
- Receiving referrals into the Child FIRST service as part of a committed team
- Using your communication skills to build rapport and carry out phone based risk and needs assessment
- Providing information and advice to referrers
- Offering crisis intervention
- Preparing reports and case notes
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with other agencies for client referral and support
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary degree qualification in a field related to Social Work or Psychology.
Please address the following questions related to the person specification in your cover letter to be uploaded as part of your application:
- Summarise your knowledge and use of the Child Youth and Families Act 2005 and Best Interest Principles
- Describe examples of how you have actively engaged families, over the phone and/or by outreach
- Describe examples of how you have assessed risk to families, children and/or adolescents
About the organisation
At uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Child FIRST Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.