About the role
The ideal candidate will have the demonstratable skills, knowledge & experience making them adept to contribute to the clinical governance and clinical performance of the Be You framework. Most notably, this will include contributions to the geo-located Be You initiative in the Kimberley & Pilbara region. Responsibilities of this role include the provision of clinical advice on Be You programs, policies and procedures, projects, reports, and data interpretation that will contribute to Beyond Blue’s quality improvement, risk management systems and overarching clinical governance framework. The Clinical Adviser will additionally contribute to the development and review of content for Be You to facilitate continuous improvement and consistent quality for all Be You content.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- In conjunction with the Clinical Governance Lead continue the development and implementation of a robust Clinical Governance Strategy for Be You based on the overarching Beyond Blue Clinical Governance Framework.
CLINICAL CONTENT & REVIEW:
- Together with the Product Lead develop a robust content development and review process to ensure all Be You content accurately reflects current best practice and evidence-based principles. Working with internal and external subject experts to ensure product quality control and appropriateness to the Be You framework.
RISK MANAGEMENT & QUALITY IMPROVEMENT:
- Lead program clinical risk management processes and procedures, actively identifying, monitoring and managing areas of key risk and lead appropriate escalation and responses in accordance with Be You and Beyond Blue risk management processes.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT & REPORTING:
- Provide monthly reporting on clinical activities of the postvention component of Be You, continually working to improve reporting and application in practice.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification in psychology, social work, occupational therapy, psychiatric nursing or similar with at least 5 years’ experience in child, youth, family or adult mental health service provision.
- Further education/study in change management, governance or equivalent.
- Proven experience working in a senior role in service delivery/program/project management role in a mental health and/or education setting.
- Experience in working across health or community sectors in management, operation or governance roles.
- Ability to influence and create change within an established program and services.
- Experience in establishing learning and feedback systems to ensure continuous program improvement.
- Knowledge and experience in risk management, governance and quality improvement.
The ideal candidate will also have excellent written and verbal communications skills, presentation skills, and attention to detail. They will have an awareness of digital interface systems and their use in providing mental health education to a national audience. Previous experience in the translation of clinical information/knowledge to an educational setting or context will be favourably regarded
Benefits and Perks
Reporting to the Clinical Governance Lead, you will be a part of a friendly and highly skilled team working collaboratively across the organisation. The broader Beyond Blue family promotes a culture of collaboration and respect. Working at Beyond Blue offers flexibility, professional development and the opportunity to be a part of one of the leading mental health organisations in Australia. Benefits include Not-For-Profit salary packaging options, an employee assistance program and wellbeing initiatives. Our office is an easy walk from Glenferrie Station and our Social Squad will ensure that you get to enjoy some fun events in the workplace. Beyond Blue also marks Aboriginal Dates of Significance, such as NAIDOC Week and National Reconciliation Week, as part of our RAP commitments
About the organisation
Beyond Blue's vision is that all people in Australia achieve their best possible mental health. Our mission is to promote good mental health. We create change to protect everyone's mental health and improve the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by anxiety, depression and suicide.
All employees are expected to act in accordance with Beyond Blue's values, which are Collaboration, Respect, Enthusiasm, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity.
Beyond Blue is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applicants are welcomed to access the Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Plan 2018-2020.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Clinical Adviser (Be You, Education) via Pro Bono Australia.