About the role
Part-time to full-time (0.8 – 1.0 FTE) fixed term position available until 30 June 2020
Reporting to the Program Manager, Primary Clinical Services the Clinical Services Manager (CSM) will lead and manage a team of clinicians and community awareness staff at the headspace Glenroy centre. The CSM is responsible for overseeing the implementation and maintenance of all aspects of clinical and community awareness services/activities at the centre, developing partnerships with key stakeholders, supporting innovative research and evaluation, managing risk and enhancing operational effectiveness.
The CSM is a highly motivated and dynamic person who will develop and maintain an integrated model of clinic-based health service delivery to young people, their families or carers and the wider community in the area served by the headspace centre and as a member of the management team, contribute to the service modelling and implementation of quality , innovative youth services across the region.
- Approved tertiary qualifications in allied health or equivalent relevant discipline and eligibility for membership of the associated professional body.
- Significant experience in the delivery of mental health assessments, crisis management, psycho-education, and short-term focused interventions to young people and their families/carers.
- Strong people management skills.
- Experience in leading and developing teams.
- Well-developed knowledge and understanding of current youth health/mental health policy issues in Australia including early intervention, service system reform and the establishment of integrated and coordinated service delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation and review of clinical governance frameworks and practice, including quality improvement, risk management and compliance monitoring and reporting.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships with a range of service providers and organisations.
- Extensive experience in the provision of professional supervision and secondary consultation with a wide range of professionals.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal), problem solving and negotiations skills.
- Commitment to supporting clinical research within the service.
- Knowledge and experience in working in a private practice environment.
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate community awareness and capacity building activities.
- Experience in the development and delivery of youth and family participation programs.
- Experience in the development and delivery of group-based interventions.
About the organisation
Orygen is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on mental ill-health in young people. Further information available at https://www.orygen.org.au/About/About-Us
headspace is a world-first youth mental health initiative that supports young people who are going through a tough time; whether it’s depression, anxiety, relationship break-ups or alcohol and other drug issues. The youth-friendly services at headspace are aimed at teenagers and young adults in recognition of the fact that 75 percent of mental disorders emerge before the age of 25 years. Further information available at https://headspace.org.au/about-us/who-we-are/
How to apply for this role
Please submit your resume, cover letter and a supporting statement that addresses the key selection criteria that is included in the position description to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: ‘Clinical Services Manager - Glenroy’, followed by your ‘full name’.
To view position description or for further information about the role, please visit the Orygen website at https://bit.ly/335fKXK
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 22nd November 2019
Orygen is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining our staff irrespective of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Orygen reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.
Please quote in application: Clinical Services Manager – Glenroy via Pro Bono Australia.