About the role
Your future workplace
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul – we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
Your new role
This newly established role within the Fundraising team is directly responsible for building deep community connections and raising vital funds required to sustain Sacred Heart Mission’s many programs and services. It is designed for a good communicator who is an energetic, positive and proactive person. You will be focused on our mission, vision and values and relish the opportunity to develop strong relationships with your team, your client services colleagues and your community partners.
This role is an 18 month contract from January 2020 to June 2021, and part time 22.8 hours (3 days per week).
Your first priority on the job will be to establish and maintain a connection to our school stakeholders. You will be an important part of developing a strong partnership and proactive relationship with them.
While doing this you will also be introduced to an array of community partners who are very passionate about supporting Sacred Heart Mission through various activities, which include:
– Fundraising events in the community (individuals, schools and community groups)
– Organising and delivering gifts-in-kind donations for our various services
– Presentations, meetings and tours
– Engaging volunteer support
– Building a stewardship plan for some of your top supporters
– Proactively engaging with your client services colleagues to learn about the programs and services which require our support.
You work is responsible for upholding our exceptional brand reputation in the community and opening doors to networks that create new opportunities to secure our future and strengthen our bottom line.
We’re looking for someone
- Who is values aligned, flexible and independent
- With excellent written and verbal communication skills who thrives with people based activities
- Who is resourceful and both team and solution focused
- Who holds a Certificate IV or Diploma level Tertiary qualification in Fundraising, Communications or Marketing is desired
- Who has strong alignment with the values of Sacred Heart Mission
You can look forward to
- Being a part of a well-established, successful and highly engaged team
- Making a positive difference for the people we support and the wider community
- Being in the heart of St Kilda, close to public transport and restaurants
- $30.80 – $33.68 per hour
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Access to in-house training
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Come and Work with us
To join our team, simply click Apply Now.
For more information about the role, contact Andy Grant, Fundraising Manager on 0438 605 227.
Closing date for applications: 22/11/2019
Sacred Heart Mission value and respect diversity and welcome applications from people from all walks of life. All appointments are subject to Police Checks and certain roles require additional pre-screening as outlined in the position description. All NDIS roles will require a Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check against the Disability Worker Exclusion List (DWEL). Individuals placed on the DWEL will not be engaged by Sacred Heart Mission.
Please quote in application: Community Fundraising Officer via Pro Bono Australia.