About the role
You will be responsible for the delivery of Council’s Municipal Public Health Plan and a range of other strategic policies and projects in the areas of public health planning, community safety, community development, health and social well-being.
As Coordinator Community Development and Well-being, you will be a member of the Council’s leadership team. You will work closely with the community, partner agencies and other Council departments to deliver an integrated and cohesive approach to reducing and addressing disadvantage and improving heath equity within the Darebin community.
To be successful your skills and experience will include:
- A proven track record leading productive and harmonious teams.
- Experience in policy and strategy development, project planning and delivery.
- Proven ability to build and manage strategic partnerships with community wellbeing stakeholders.
- Holding a tertiary qualification in in Public Health, Community Development or Social Policy.
Benefits of joining:
- Walking distance from Preston train station and tram stops.
- Onsite car parking available.
- Flexible working options and arrangements available i.e. part time, job share.
- Social activities and social club as a member of the Darebin Council.
- Comprehensive health and well-being program, including free access to physio, yoga and fitness classes.
- Opportunities for secondments and promotions within Darebin Council.
- Option to join our social, supportive and inclusive culture at Darebin.
- Provided with laptop and mobile phone.
- Training and professional development opportunities.
- Annual incremental salary increases
- Receive job security as a permanent member of local council.
For specific questions regarding the position contact Jess Fraser, Manager Equity and Well-being on 03 8470 8594.
About the organisation
Darebin is home to one of the largest, most diverse communities anywhere in the State in terms of cultures, language (more than 138 languages are spoken), religions, socio-economic background, employment status, occupation, and housing needs. We actively represent our community’s diversity and aim to create an inclusive work environment that values the contribution of all employees and treats all employees with dignity and respect.
We are leaders in Environmental Sustainability and Social Justice, often collaborating with neighbouring municipalities to promote awareness and encourage community participation.
We also provide flexible working arrangements and excellent working conditions that are supported across the organisation.
Darebin City Council is one of the largest employers in the municipality with an operating expenditure budget of $157.4 million and capital expenditure budget of $47.3 million. Darebin has a population of 153,563 and we are also home to two significant tertiary organisations well serviced by public transport.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Coordinator Community Development and Wellbeing via Pro Bono Australia.