About the role
Our client, WASH House has recently restructured and is seeking motivated and passionate professionals to join them in these 2 newly created leadership roles in their organisation.
About the Opportunities…
The organisation is going through a period of growth and building capacity…this is an exciting time to join this organisation in such a crucial role. These new position forms a crucial part of the newly structured leadership team for the organisation comprising of the Executive Officer and these 2 vacant roles being advertised:
- Client Services Coordinator
- Operations Coordinator
The leadership team will work collaboratively and present a united message to the staff regarding strategic objectives and vision for the organisation as well as aim to maintain a positive workplace culture.
Both roles are Permanent Part Time at 28 hours per week but there is flexibility for days & hours to be negotiated. Salary for both roles is classified at level 6 in the NSW SCHADS Award (Pay Point to be determined based on experience). The role is based in Mt Druitt but some travel in the Blacktown LGA may be necessary.
Both positions report to the Executive office and support the implementation of the strategic plan and outcomes and provide day-to-day supervision of a small team of staff.
The Client Services Coordinator…supervises clinical staff (Counsellors and Case Workers) in three key programs: Staying Home Leaving Violence, Specialist Casework, and Counselling.
The Operations Coordinator…supervises staff in Administrative, Finance, Projects roles as well as the Group work program.
What you’ll need to succeed…
The successful applicant will be a person with excellent leadership skills, outstanding communication and staff management skills.
A solid background and understanding of the accountabilities of child protection, family support, and domestic violence support work would benefit the incumbent of the Client Services role.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (e.g. social work, community development, public policy, management) or significant relevant experience in the social welfare/health sectors
- Personal and professional commitment to the WASH House Vision and values and working within a feminist framework
- Client Services Coordinator – Solid background and strong understanding of trauma informed work with women and issues in relation to domestic violence, child protection, health and wellbeing and socio-economic vulnerabilities
- Operations Coordinator – Solid background and strong understanding of community development, community engagement and capacity building including program and policy development and project management.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of the leadership team for the organisation
- Demonstrated management skills and sound experience including the areas of:
- Human Resources and Work, Health & Safety
- Policy development and quality assurance
- Financial management
- Organisational development and planning
- Project Management
- Public relations
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and nurture partnerships with a range of stakeholders, including community groups, service provider organisations, business and the private sector, and government departments
- Superior time management and workload organisation skills
- Experience in use of evaluation strategies and tools
- Proven problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify issues, risks and opportunities
- Outstanding communication skills and capacity to engage others
- Computer and internet skills
The WASH House considers being a woman a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s.31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
What you’ll get in return…
- Salary Packaging – increase your take home pay
- Some above Award conditions
- Opportunities for multi skilling and up-skilling
- High level of diversity in role
- Excellent working environment
If you have a sound managerial background and you’re looking for a vibrant and passionate community organisation to be a part of then this is the role for you!
About the organisation
Your new employer…
The Women’s Activities and Self Help (WASH) House is a community-based information and resource centre for women that envisages a community in which women exercise equal rights, choose their own destiny and have a safe environment for themselves and their children. They work towards this by providing information and referral, advocacy, capacity building and support services.
The organisation has been established in the area for over 35 years as a support and resource centre for women. Over this time, the WASH House has grown and evolved to run a range of programs including Staying Home Leaving Violence, Counselling, Case Work, Group Work and Information Services. The WASH House is a service run by women, for women.
Leave work each day feeling part of making a difference to the local community! Find out more about WASH via www.washhouse.org.au
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Coordinator, multiple roles available via Pro Bono Australia.