About the role
Sell a product you are passionate about. Save the Children impacts the lives of children in Australia, the Pacific and beyond on a daily basis. But we can’t do it alone; the engagement of our commercial partners is critical to our advancement. Blend your experience in the corporate sector with a highly regarded international NGO to market our work to corporate stakeholders. Driven by success you will turn a ‘no’ into a ‘maybe’ and a ‘maybe’ into a ‘yes’. We want more than good communications skills; your patience, tenacity and focus on long lasting partnerships will create evident results for those who rely on us.
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit.
We’re ambitious, creative and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence. We run programs in Australia and overseas and, if there’s a disaster – like an earthquake, drought or conflict – we are there on the ground.
Where you come in:
In this full-time permanent position, based in Carlton, you will be responsible for the effective management and growth of the Save the Children Australia portfolio of corporate partnerships. You will be part of our Supporter Engagement team and report to our Head of Partnerships.
You will make an impact by:
- Managing an existing portfolio of partners to drive income growth
- Overseeing the new business development initiatives towards the acquisition of new partners
- Representing the Corporate Partnerships team as a key point of contact
- Strategically formulating CSR partnership plans that are best in-class
- Galvanising the wider organisation to maximise the broader fundraising potential
- Manage and monitor relevant budgets to operate within defined financial parameters and targets
If we could compose the perfect you…
…You excel at building and nurturing relationships and are motivated by having significant social impact. You have a strong business acumen, strategic selling expertise, and exceptional communication skills that make it easy for you to work with a vast range of people.
This role requires:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience
- 5+ years successful experience in managing corporate clients and/or developing new business
- High level communication skills – particularly in strategic or conceptual pitching, negotiation or persuasion
- High competency with the MS Office suite of programs, including PowerPoint and CRM management
- Demonstrated experience in budget/financial management
- Prior NGO/NFP experience, desirable, but not necessary
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same.
In addition to a connection to social causes, you will have access to:
- Opportunity to work on additional projects alongside business as usual
- Internal employment and development opportunities
- Agile work environment including working from home
- Pet and child friendly work environment
- Full salary packaging benefits
- Additional annual leave options available
We’d love to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on one of the buttons in the ‘Apply’ section.
Applications close 5pm Friday 13th December 2019
At Save the Children, we seek a workforce that is as diverse as our society – in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, cultures and beliefs – and reflects the communities we work in. We believe diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and core values and we demonstrate this commitment through all our employment practices. Our inclusive workplace culture contributes to making Save the Children a great place to work.
Save the Children Australia is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check where necessary, and sign our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Please note, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position may be filled prior to the listed closing date if our preferred candidate is identified early.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Corporate Partnerships Manager via Pro Bono Australia.