About the role
About the organisation
IS THIS YOU?
- Highly experienced HR generalist with previous experience in Learning & Development/ Organisational Development
- Passionate about a values-led approach to achieving high performance teams
- Strategic, lateral thinker
- Resilient and positive
An exciting permanent part-time (0.6 FTE) role exists for a highly-skilled professional to join the Reach team in our Collingwood office.
Being young is not without its struggles. Today’s world is pretty complex and young people can experience a bunch of challenges that adults might not be able to relate to. One of the biggest hurdles is just having the confidence and support to be who they want to be.
There are currently over 4 million young people living in Australia, and Reach works with over 40,000 of them a year. We have over 250 of them working for us; designing and delivering workshops in schools and the community. Our workshops are 100% youth-led, from design through to delivery, and the community we create out of these workshops is one that allows for deeper connection, a sense of belonging, and the dispelling of judgements. A preventative, instead of having to focus on symptoms in adult life.
Generations of confident, self-aware and passionate young people shaping the world.
WHO ARE YOU?
People are at the very heart of Reach. Our product is intrinsically human and we’re dependent on having a values-led, high performing team to achieve our strategic goals.
The People & Culture Director is central to providing leadership for Reach’s people and culture strategy. This newly created leadership position will lead the integration of Reach’s HR and L&D functions with Reach’s social enterprise (Wake by Reach); which have historically worked separately. The role will identify and implement initiatives which streamline and enhance the people experience of Reach’s staff and crew. The role will also be responsible for leading Wake by Reach – our commercial offering to support businesses with their learning and development and culture initiatives.
Key selection criteria for this role are (see position description for full details):
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a HR generalist roles and previous experience in Learning & Development / Organisational Development.
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources Management is desirable.
- Experience working with the SCHADS award is desirable, but not critical.
- Familiarity with all aspects of HR, including compensation, recruitment, benefits and development
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Ability to think systemically and to connect strategically complex pieces of work both current and into the future
- High level of business acumen
- Ability to work with all Reach stakeholders including young people with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to collaborate and be a consultative problem solver
- Highly proactive style of working
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite of products
- Coaching capability and ability to leverage diagnostic tools for development
- Strong conflict resolution and decision making capability
- Business development and sales
- Positive, constructive, "can-do" attitude
- Having the right to live and work in Australia.
Please note: Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children check identifying Reach as your employer prior to starting in the role, and a National Criminal History Check.
Role starting as soon as possible.
For full position description see attached or head to our website: https://www.reach.org.au/support-us/careers-volunteering/
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Director, People and Culture VIC via Pro Bono Australia.