About the role
- Be the change you want to see!
- Opportunity to create your niche
- Sydney CBD based
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are now seeking an Education Endowment Fundraising Manager (Children’s Future Education Fund) to join our growing team.
Reporting to the National Manager, Major Gifts and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this pivotal role will secure, retain and grow income for the Children’s Future Education Fund (CFEF) to achieve agreed income targets for The Smith Family. The role is responsible for building and managing a direct portfolio of donors, as well as working with and equipping other relationship managers, primarily in the Major Donor and Gifts in Wills teams, to secure CFEF funding. You’re a well-connected natural communicator, bringing your passion to make a difference every day in this high energy, high impact role.
A day in the life of our Education Endowment Fundraising Manager might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, your responsibilities will be to:
- Develop a strong pipeline of prospective donors to the CFEF, predominantly new donors to The Smith Family
- Manage and steward a portfolio of high net worth CFEF donors
- Support the implementation of strategies and activities to achieve annual revenue targets
- Create persuasive proposals and acquittals
- Build and leverage internal and external networks to build a pipeline and to secure CFEF donors
- Manage and implement engagement activities for prospects and donors
- Collaboratively develop and implement protocols and processes for CFEF business development, stewardship and income recognition with other teams, primarily Major Donor and Gifts in Wills
It takes a special kind of person to be our Education Endowment Fundraising Manager. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline or transferrable skills in a similar or related role
- Experience in major gift fundraising and relationship management
- Demonstrated experience with Endowment Funds
- Documented track record of meeting and exceeding financial targets by attracting new donors
- Extensive experience of managing relationships with HNWI
- Experience with a Moves Management or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database
- Outstanding communication skills, high level of professionalism and executive presence with strong influencing skills
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to delivery strong performance outcomes.
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us today by sending your resume to email@example.com.
Closing date: Sunday, 1 December 2019
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Education Endowment Fundraising Manager via Pro Bono Australia.