About the role
Wayss began almost 50 years ago as a leading community organisation supporting individuals and families. We now provide specialist support services in Greater Dandenong, Casey, Cardinia, Frankston and Mornington Peninsula.
We are here for all people facing homelessness and family violence. We support them to have a safe, secure and affordable home that helps them to live a better life.
We are now seeking an Establish & Maintain Successful Tenancies Worker within the Tenancy Plus Program.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to ensure the most appropriate and effective support, advocacy and referrals are provided to participants of the Tenancy Plus program by offering services necessary to establish and maintain independent social housing accommodation.
We are looking for a passionate, highly organised individual who can work collaboratively as part of a team and can demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of service.
Successful candidates will bring the following:
- Diploma of Community Services and/or relevant qualifications or experience.
- Experience and knowledge of social hyousing systems.
- Familiarity with the Residential Tenancies Act.
- Knowledge of principles, practice and implementation of Case Management frameworks.
- Well developed understanding and ability to provide intensive support to people with complex needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to engage clients and show empathy.
- A well developed knowledge of housing and homelessness.
- Demonstrated experience, understanding and commitment to the delivery of quality services to the community.
- Demonstrated experience, understanding and commitment to the social and political context of homelessness.
- Excellent customer service skills with a high level of confidence in dealing with people of various backgrounds.
- A highly flexible approach to work and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team.
- High level of written, verbal and interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence, valid ‘Employment’ category – Working With Children Check Card and satisfactory Police Check.
Working for Wayss
Our people are our greatest asset. Without them, we would not be able to make a meaningful impact in the lives of people facing homelessness and family violence. That’s why we offer a range of benefits to ensure we hire and retain great people.
To hear what our people have to say about working at Wayss, go to
Benefits we offer
- Salary range of $62,000 to $67,000 – Pro Rata (plus super)
- Plus generous tax benefits through salary packaging
- Plus mobile phone for business and personal use
- Five weeks annual leave, plus 17.5% leave loading and generous personal leave entitlements
- Inclusive workplace with complimentary health and well-being programs
- Access to discounts on electrical goods and motor vehicles
To find out more about the role, please call, Serena Fonseka, Coordinator Tenancy Plus Program on 9791 6111.
Applications close Monday 18 November 2019 at 9am.
Please ensure your cover letter includes responses to the Key Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description. Please include your preferred location in your letter.
The Position Description can be obtained by visiting https://www.wayssltd.org.au/work-with-us/jobs
Wayss is proud to be an inclusive and child safe organisation. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and possess a valid Working with Children Check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to being an organisation that embraces equity, diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers; and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Establish & Maintain Successful Tenancies Worker , Tenancy Plus Program via Pro Bono Australia.