About the role
The Event Coordinator is responsible for supporting the delivery of the 2020 Shared Value Summit Asia Pacific. Key responsibilities include supporting the planning, execution and evaluation of the Summit and supporting the Marketing and Communications lead with ongoing and effective liaison with key stakeholders including venue managers, sponsors and speakers.
Location and travel The role is based in Melbourne and will require travel to Sydney for the delivery of the Summit in May 2020. Occasional work outside of office hours may be required.
- Supporting the effective delivery of the Summit including assisting with planning and development of the schedule, speakers, logistics and program.
- Supporting effective liaison with venues, sponsors, speakers and other stakeholders leading up and during the Summit
- Monitoring of ticketing including the ticketing platform, management of attendee lists and developing processes as necessary
- Monitoring tasks to ensure the objectives and relevant milestones are being met
- Assisting with evaluation of the Summit in the form of an evaluation report with support from SVP communications team
- Assisting with internal administrative and technical processes for the event as they relate to the role
Key Selection Criteria
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications and/or minimum 3-5-year’s event planning experience in a fast-paced working environment
- Understanding of the requirements for effective project management and creative collaboration working within a small team
- Experience supporting an end to end conference
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to multitask
- Organised independent worker with ability to multitask and prioritise; must be able to apply quick, independent judgement and problem-solving when necessary
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint or mac equivalent
▪ Basic understanding of the purpose economy and/or of purpose led organisations
▪ Understanding of the needs and dynamics of small-scale creative businesses and initiatives
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please send your application addressed to Jan Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5PM on Thursday 28 November 2019.
Applications should include:
- A short cover letter (maximum two pages) outlining how you meet the key selection criteria; 2. Your CV
Applications that do not include both of the documents listed above will not be considered. Please note applicants must have Australian permanent residency or the equivalent.
Please quote in application: Event Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.