About the role
Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC) is the largest private (non-profit) owner of land for conservation in Australia, protecting endangered wildlife at 29 sanctuaries in which we own or manage in partnership, covering a total of more than 6.5 million hectares in iconic regions such as the Kimberley, Cape York, the Top End and Lake Eyre. With a focus on practical land management, informed by world-class science, AWC is implementing a dynamic new model for conservation.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join our team in the capacity of an Executive Assistant. This new role is essential to improving the effectiveness and efficiency of AWC’s operations by providing executive level administrative and coordinative support to the Chief Executive Officer, whilst maintaining the highest level of discretion and confidentiality.
The position reports directly to the CEO however will work closely with the AWC Executive team and Board. You will also work closely with people managers and staff across a geographically-distributed organisation.
To be successful you will have:
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills
- Demonstrated minimum 3 -4 years’ experience in an EA role or similar
- Excellent oral and written communication, with the capacity to produce high-quality documents for internal, external and Board purposes
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a diverse range of key stakeholders
- Advanced ability to use standard business software packages (including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook) and general computer skills are essential
- A flexible, but well-structured approach to attend to tasks in timely manner and with a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently or as part of a small team, as required
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance in development and implementation of systems and processes which improves organisational operations
- An interest in the conservation of Australia’s wildlife and habitats
Predominately based at our Head Office in Subiaco, this is a rare opportunity to be actively involved in protecting Australia’s endangered wildlife by using your powers for good and helping shape the development of an organisation delivering measurable results where it really counts – in the field.
For a full job description, please see below or visit our careers page: www.australianwildlife.org/work-with-awc/careers/
- This is a permanent position. Applicants must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have a suitable visa in place that allows ongoing full-time work in Australia, in order to apply for this position. Sponsorship is not available.
- If you apply for this role, AWC will include you in its ongoing updates and communications about its events, activities and fundraising initiatives. You may opt out of these communications at any time.
To learn more about AWC, please visit our website: www.australianwildlife.org/
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Initial Enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘AWC EA Position Enquiries’
Application to include CV and covering letter, briefly addressing the critical competencies listed in the detailed job description.
Closing date for applications: Sunday, 1 December 2019
Please quote in application: Executive Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.