About the role
The Foyer Foundation is a national charity that works on the deep challenge of youth homelessness and unemployment in Australia. The organisation advocates for a unique solution to support homeless young people – the ‘Foyer’ model – fusing stable housing with learning opportunities. More than a ‘roof over my head’, foyers in each state provide 16 to 25 year olds with accommodation while they study, work and develop skills to achieve independence.
Benefits & Culture
- Flexible, family-friendly and collaborative work environment
- Additional annual leave over the festive break
- Flexible working encouraged, part time option
- Based in bustling Fitzroy, co-located with the Brotherhood of St Laurence
As the executive officer, you will work closely with the board to manage the day to day operations and lead the purpose and strategy of the Foyer Foundation. You will be responsible for a range of functions, with a significant focus on ensuring an effective accreditation process and communication to support the Foyers model.
The hands-on nature of the role will see you engage with a diverse range of stakeholders whilst ensuring that you support best practice for the Foyers. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with key stakeholders to implement strategic and operational plans
- Leading a small team and providing ongoing mentorship and development
- Coordinating and participating in best practice forums
- Developing and overseeing policy, advocacy, education, workforce development, finance and administration
- Working in collaboration with private sector funders and various government agencies to secure ongoing funding
You have a successful track record of leading in a collaborative manner bringing varied experience from sectors such as education and training, youth affairs, housing and homelessness or areas of relevant social policy.
You are a strong communicator who demonstrates a positive and diplomatic approach. You can exhibit:
- Effective engagement of key stakeholders, including members, government and NGO agencies
- Proven ability to successfully develop and implement strategies, processes and policies
- A commitment to quality service standards and delivery of accreditation
- Prudent financial management skills for the long term sustainability of the organisation
- Experience or understanding of grants and fundraising objectives.
Play a key leadership role during an exciting period of growth for The Foyer Foundation. Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required. Alternatively, please call Anna Skeels on 03 8080 8976 for a further discussion.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.