About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Permanent full time position based in Cranbourne
We have an opportunity for a Family Services Practitioner to join our team based in Cranbourne on a permanent full time basis. The Family Services program supports families who are experiencing high levels of stress and difficulties that impact on parenting, family life and children’s well being. Family Services Practitioners respond to referrals from Child FIRST and provide home based supports through assertive outreach.
Uniting recognises the important role that fathers play in the lives of their children. This position works primarily with fathers in the context of their parenting role to enhance the father-child relationship, improve father engagement, and ensure the well-being and safety of children.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary qualification in a field related to Social Work or Psychology.
Please address the following questions related to the person specification in a separate document to be uploaded as part of your application:
- Tell us about your interest and expertise in working with men, youth and boys within the Child, Youth and Family sector
- Summarise your knowledge and applied use of theoretical approaches relevant to working with children and families
- Describe examples of how you have planned and implemented appropriate interventions in relation to the development of parenting capacity and family functioning
About the organisation
At uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply for this role
- If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today.
- You will be asked to upload your resume and a covering letter with your responses to the questions above. We recommend that you provide examples that show the range, scale and complexity of your experiences.
- Applications close Monday 9 December 2019
Get in touch
- Steve Hunt – Team Leader (03) 5990 8400
- Bask Cassar – Program Leader (03) 8792 8999
Please quote in application: Family Services Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.