About the role
CMY seeks two Family Support Workers for their Community Support Group (CSG) Parenting Program. The Support Workers will be responsible for supporting the development and delivery of a range of appropriate programs that increase parenting skills and build the capacity of South Sudanese parents to advance positive outcomes for young people and their families. The Family Support Worker will develop strategies to help improve inter-generational communications and address inter-generational conflict between parents and children. They will support South Sudanese young people and their families to meaningfully engage with their community and facilitate access to youth and family support services.
- 2 Positions
- Hours: Part Time, 30.4 hours (4 days) per week (0.8 FTE)
- Fixed Term: Until September 2020
- Base Salary: SCHADS 5, $76,767 per annum pro rata (plus Super and access to Salary Packaging)
1 Position X Dandenong/Casey
1 Position X Melton/Brimbank
- Applications Close: Midday 12:00 pm , Friday 15 November 2019
You will have
- Demonstrated experience in working with the parents and families from a South Sudanese background in a group setting;
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation and an ability to plan, develop and deliver parenting skills and capacity building programs for vulnerable South Sudanese parents;
- A well developed understanding of and sensitivity to issues affecting South Sudanese parents and families, including a sound understanding of gaps in intergenerational communication and ways of addressing intergenerational conflict between parents and children;
- Demonstrated experience in creating appropriate support networks and referral pathways; and
- Ability to manage time effectively, design, plan and implement relevant parenting activities, including high level written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
For more information
About the organisation
The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
How to apply for this role
Email the below documents to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the location you are applying for using the subject line: <Insert Your Name & Preferred Location> Family Support Worker - CSG CMY175:
- Your updated resume / CV
- A document outlining your responses to each of the key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description available at http://www.cmy.net.au/careers.
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and short listed candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Please quote in application: Family Support Worker - CSG Parenting Program (CMY175) via Pro Bono Australia.