About the role
The successful applicant will become part of a team with 3 other therapists – you will be delivering Functional Family Therapy to families referred by DCJ. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the delivery of internationally recognised, evidence-based services with the aim of improving the lives of young people and families.
Providing the highest standard of evidence-based family therapy in a home-based environment, you will deliver structured family training and intervention strategies that include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Full training and support to gain accreditation in the specialist evidence-based model will be provided on 10th February 2020.
Interviews and offers will be completed prior to Christmas
What you will do:
- Provide home-based interventions adhering to Functional Family Therapy – Child Welfare (FFT – CW) model.
- Create written phase & session plans that are tailored to the family
- Use methods compatible with principles and practices of specified model, provide direct engagement and motivation
- Work with the team to identify and overcome barriers to engagement/motivation.
Who we are looking for:
- Tertiary qualifications in Counselling, Social Work, Family Therapy or Psychology
- Previous experience in a therapeutic environment ideally utilising recognised therapy practices such as CBT
- Knowledge and experience working with families with complex needs
- Good communication skills and the ability to build relationships and rapport with families and young people
- Permanent contract
- Unique training and professional development journey
- Expert supervision and ongoing feedback
- Flexible working hours between the hours of 8am and 9pm
- Level 5 on the SCHCADS award, negotiable dependent upon experience
- The opportunity to work directly with families
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- A laptop and phone so you can work on the road
- A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
- A collaborative and cohesive working culture
- Up to $3000 in relocation assistance available
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples’ cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
About the organisation
At OzChild we are on a journey to discover and apply new approaches and best practices to achieve better outcomes for vulnerable Australians through the programs and services we deliver. This is achieved through collaboration. We provide solutions that improve outcomes for our clients. Our approach is strategic and agile as well as being systemic and forward thinking.
As the organisation aims to strengthen our impact through evidence-based programs, the OzChild leadership team has committed to developing, training and evolving our people as enablers to achieving our strategic objective to grow and disrupt the sector
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Therapist via Pro Bono Australia.