About the role
General Manager – Education, Enterprise and Innovation
Concern Australia is a dynamic not-for-profit organization that has, for nearly 50 years, worked with vulnerable young people and children, creating opportunities that see them reach their potential. In 2016, we launched our strategic plan, the 2020VISION, and we are now looking for people to join us who want to be part of this new and exciting chapter.
Join an organisation that is making a positive difference!
Are you a culture carrier and people leader who has a passion for quality programs and innovation? If yes, then this newly created executive position may be the opportunity that you’ve been looking for.
Overseeing Hand Brake Turn and Values for Life, two of Concern Australia’s well establish responses, you will apply your experience in program and stakeholder management.
This role also presents an opportunity for you to demonstrate your knowledge of social enterprise and develop practice wisdom in the area of social procurement, working with community, government and industry to tap into opportunities that see young people succeed in education and employment.
Key focuses of your role will be to:
- Provide exceptional people leadership for Staff and Volunteers
- Manage existing and emerging programs under the Education Pillar including program planning, reporting and accountability
- Oversee all aspects of budgets and financial management
- Maintain and develop strategic partnerships with current and potential funders
- Coordinate and lead new innovations
- Manage all tenders relating to education, enterprise and innovation
- Maintain a focus on OHS, Risk and Continuous Quality Improvement
Concern Australia is a child safe organisation, which promotes the safety, participation and empowerment of children and young people. Concern Australia is an equal employment opportunity employer who is committed to employing a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander along with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
Please read the Position Description attached.
Applicants must include a cover letter that addresses the key selection criteria in the position description.
If you are passionate about using your skills to make a positive impact in the community, join our team!
To meet the minimum requirements for this role, you will need:
- Proof of your eligibility to work in Australia. (Australian birth certificate, Australian passport, Australian citizenship or a working visa)
- Information establishing your identity through a Proof of Identity check
- Consent to a National Police Check or International police check
- Proof of relevant mandatory qualifications gained
- Details of professional referees able to validate information on your skills, knowledge, capabilities, conduct and behaviour
- Employee Working With Children Check
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: General Manager – Education, Enterprise and Innovation via Pro Bono Australia.