About the role
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of these lands and waters and we welcome the opportunity to learn more about Aboriginal people of Australia.
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with people with a refugee and asylum-seeking background, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disability, youth and children and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
SSI draws on its expertise and experience to advocate for the people and communities it serves. Through the work we do, we empower people to change their lives. Through our advocacy and representation, we influence ideas and policy.
THE PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Manage the day to day operations of the Ignite, Ignite Ability and related programs to ensure that SS I outcomes are met through: the supervision of a diverse and motivated team of facilitators, project and administration staff; ensure operational accountability for the financial and non-financial KPIs of the Ignite and associated programs including Ignite Ability; the expansion of a business-related resource team of commercial and volunteer members, and the provision of relevant and timely reporting to the Ignite Global Manager. The role has a strong operational and people development focus, working closely with staff and stakeholders on continuous improvement strategies.
- Strategic Management – Supporting the sustainability and expansion of Ignite, Ignite Ability and associated programs by providing strategic advice and planning support to the Ignite Global Manager
- People Management – Managing a group of diverse and dynamic program staff, and developing and maintaining strong positive relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders and partners to ensure the delivery of effective services;
- Policy and Procedures- Maintaining, developing and continuously improving the program framework, including systems, policies and procedures to manage the capability, sustainability and expansion of Ignite, Ignite Ability and associated programs.
- Supporting the Ignite Global Manager in monitoring and reviewing the Ignite, Ignite Ability and associated programs to inform evaluation and other assessment measures as required, and ensure appropriate statistical data management for reporting and improvement purposes.
- Scoping opportunities for new partnerships to enhance and value add to the suite of current Ignite programs.
You will have tertiary qualifications in community development, business or a relevant area with substantial experience leading successful grassroots projects for diverse and vulnerable communities in highly regulated program environments.
We are looking for a high-level strategic thinker with impeccable planning skills including proven experience in writing and managing tenders and proposals (including government and private contracts). Your expertise in innovation and systems design to exploit synergies between historical program management arrangements and commercialisation activities of the Ignite Global Manager, would be highly regarded. Other skills and experience that will see you succeed in this role include the following:
- A proven track record of finance and administration management;
- Demonstrated experience in strategic and operational program management including experience in entrepreneurial and practical business acumen.
- You will be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate effectively with senior management in government and /or corporate environments including provision of expert and technical advice.
Please respond to the “About You” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. Our workplace reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and well-being of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment please email or call 02 8799 6700 and ask for the talent team.
Applications close date: 3rd December 2019
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: IGNITE Operations & Continuous Improvement Manager via Pro Bono Australia.