About the role
Wayss began almost 50 years ago as a leading community organisation supporting individuals and families. We now provide specialist support services in Greater Dandenong, Casey, Cardinia, Frankston and Mornington Peninsula.
We are here for all people facing homelessness and family violence. We support them to have a safe, secure and affordable home that helps them to live a better life.
We are now seeking an Intake, Assessment and Referral Worker to join the Youth Support Services team.
About the role
If you have a passion for supporting young people to meet their housing and social support needs, and ability to live independently, then this is the role for you.
This is a key role providing intake, assessment, information, and referral to young people (aged 16-25) who are experiencing homelessness or who are at risk of experiencing homelessness.
We are looking for a self-motivated team player with demonstrated experience working with youth and a commitment to the delivery of service.
Successful candidates will bring the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in youth, social work or a related field (Diploma and above)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of housing and homelessness as it relates to young people
- Knowledge of the ages and stages of adolescent development and trauma informed practice
- Demonstrated experience and capability in:
- Risk assessment
- Safety planning
- Advocacy and support
- Client referrals
- Working within a multi-agency environment
- Excellent client service skills with a strong ability to actively and assertively engage young people with complex needs and from various backgrounds.
- Highly flexible approach to work and demonstrated ability to work autonomously under limited direction and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Highly developed interpersonal and problem solving skills to effectively respond to young homeless people in crisis
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence, valid ‘Employment’ category – Working With Children Check Card and satisfactory police check
Working for Wayss
Our people are our greatest asset. Without them, we would not be able to make a meaningful impact in the lives of people facing homelessness and family violence. That’s why we offer a range of benefits to ensure we hire and retain great people.
To hear what our people have to say about working at Wayss, go to
Benefits we offer
Salary range of $69,000 to $79,000 (plus super)
Plus generous tax benefits through salary packaging
Plus mobile phone for business and personal use
Five weeks annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading and generous personal leave entitlements
Inclusive workplace with complimentary health and well-being programs
Access to discounts on electrical goods and motor vehicles
To find out more about the role, please call Anette Edmundson, Coordinator, on 9791 6111.
Applications close 9 am, Wednesday 20th November, 2019.
Please ensure you include in your covering letter your responses to the Key Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description.
The Position Description can be obtained by visiting https://www.wayssltd.org.au/work-with-us/jobs
Wayss is proud to be an inclusive and child safe organisation. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and possess a valid Working with Children Check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to being an organisation that embraces equality, diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Intake, Assessment and Referral Worker, Youth Support Services via Pro Bono Australia.