About the role
As the Integrated Services Intake & Admissions Coordinator, you will be the first point of contact for all enquiries and information regarding referrals to all potential consumers for all of Integrated Services. You will also have a working knowledge of alternative services available to consumers where St Bart’s is unable to meet their needs for our services.
Your ability to build rapport and maintain relationships will make you an ideal candidate for this role as you will be liaising with consumers to gather relevant referral information, external housing providers to support consumers transitioning from St Bart’s Integrated Services, and partnering with Service Managers to manage vacancies. Proven experience working with individuals impacted by personal/social challenges in an intake and assessment space is essential. The successful candidate will be confident in handling multiple and changing priorities, and be adaptable to change.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering support services to individuals and whose work ethic and personal values align to those of St Barts: Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration, Social Justice.
Your Core Responsibilities
- Providing information on St Bart’s services or alternate services available to meet the needs of consumers;
- Conducting assessments, risk screening and safety plans;
- Managing occupancy levels and wait list across Integrated Services, and length of stay for each of the services;
- Develop and maintain relationships with housing providers to provide opportunities for those exiting St Bart’s Integrated Services;
- Maintaining and recording accurate data for reporting purposes as required.
About the organisation
St Bart’s is a not-for-profit organisation that provides a diverse range of services for those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Services include supported accommodation, recovery focused accommodation for those with Mental Health issues, residential aged care, and aged care home services.
What we offer
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice with Smart Salary
- HBF Private Health Corporate discounts and membership
- Additional 3 days paid leave per annum (Mental Health days / Annual Shutdown)
- Cultural and Ceremonial Leave
- Opportunity to purchase 4 weeks additional weeks annual leave per annum
- Free annual Flu Vaccine
- Employee Assistance Program
How to apply for this role
To be considered for this position you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Hold a Tertiary and/or Bachelor Degree qualification in Social Science or a similar disciple;
- At least three (3) years demonstrated work experience relevant to the position;
- Previous experience working with individuals impacted by homelessness, mental health, substance use or other personal/social challenges;
- Previous experience undertaking intake, assessment and screening activities including risk assessment and safety planning;
- Knowledge and understanding of recovery and trauma informed principles;
- Be a permanent resident of Australia or have current working rights to work in Australia;
- Have a current First Aid Certificate;
- Have a current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months);
- Have a valid WA C class Drivers Licence.
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the selection criteria above. We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how you think your skills and experience will add value and apply to this position.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Current First Aid Certificate
At St Barts, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
For further details regarding the position or for a confidential discussion, please contact Gayle Knight, Integrated Services Manager on (08) 9323 5116.
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date.
Please quote in application: Integrated Services Intake & Admissions Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.