About the role
We are looking for a Legal Administrator to support the Lawyer – Online Content along with the rest of the Not-for-profit Law team. The role will contribute to Not-for-profit Law’s ability to reach out to people and provide them with targeted legal help, and to give charities and not-for-profits the tools to get on with the job of building stronger communities. Specifically, the role will support the effective and efficient management of Not-for-profit Law’s services, its communications (including legal information), the development and publication of legal resources, as well as the timely and accurate collection of data and reporting activities that demonstrate the impact of the work that Not-for-profit Law does.
- Assistance with the preparation, production and revision of plain English web-based legal resources for not-for-profits such as fact sheets and guides, including:
– liaising with internal and external lawyers
– proofing and formatting content of legal resources
– reviewing legal resources for accuracy and currency
- Assistance with management and maintenance of the Not-for-profit Law website at www.nfplaw.org.au
- Assistance with Not-for-profit Law’s stakeholder communications, including preparing legal information for Not-for-profit Laws publications including the website and its e-Newsletter
- Assistance in the management, collection, analysis and reporting of accurate and current data in respect to the monitoring and evaluation of Not-for-profit Law
- Provide administrative support to the Lawyer – Online Content on governance, reporting and evaluation requirements, including reports for the Justice Connect Board and external funders
- Contribute to the Not-for-profit Law program and organisation wide-projects
- Perform other duties as directed and necessary to the proper performance of the role, including assisting lawyers with legal research and drafting of correspondence of advice.
- Please view the attached PDF for further information about the selection criteria.
About the organisation
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Australia’s most successful public interest and social justice organisations. Justice Connect is a not-for-profit organisation providing legal services to bridge the justice gap. We connect people and community groups with the lawyers and legal help they need. We identify where laws and systems are unjust and we advocate for system change.
At Justice Connect, we believe everyone deserves a fair chance at a better life. That’s why we use the law to help people and community groups left behind by an unfair and complicated legal system. Whether it’s a single mother facing homelessness, a local community group struggling with overwhelming regulation or an older person dealing with family violence, real-life problems often have legal solutions. That’s why we connect people with legal help. We use the power of the law to open up the legal system for those locked out of it, and to change the system where it is broken.
The key to our impact is the passionate commitment of our people. We hold ourselves to the highest standards, driven by a desire to deliver real improvements in the lives of the people and communities we help.
Justice Connect operates a range of different programs. The Not-for-profit Law program is a specialist service for charities and community groups, the only one of its kind in Australia. Community groups and not-for-profits should spend their time building better communities, not buried under complicated rules and regulations. Not-for-profit Law helps the helpers by providing free and low cost legal assistance, including legal information and training, to not-for-profit community organisations. We give groups the help they need so they can spend their time doing what they do best.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Legal Administrator, Not-for-profit Law via Pro Bono Australia.