About the role
- Unique opportunity to work in the Human Rights Law Program
- Part Time Parental Leave cover
- Competitive staff benefits
- Footscray based
The Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) is a leading advocacy organisation for people seeking asylum. We are a value-driven organisation that strives to be part of a movement that helps people seeking asylum by providing direct services such as assistance with accommodation, food provisions, casework and legal services. We campaign and lobby with our sector to drive law reform and policy change.
About The Role
The role of Legal Practice & Volunteer Coordinator is operates within Human Rights Law Program (HRLP) who provide free, expert legal advice and representation in relation to protection applications to people seeking asylum.
This role is responsible for the provision of high level executive support to the HRLP to ensure efficient management of the legal practice. The role will involve development and improvement of quality office systems and administrative processes, and using initiative to assist the HRLP achieve efficient service delivery. The incumbent will also lead and coordinate a talented group of volunteers.
As an experienced, efficient and adaptive administrator you will also have demonstrated skills and capabilities in the following:
- Experience in developing, implementing and managing administrative/office functions,
business systems and processes
- Advanced knowledge of google and windows-based systems including use of automated
programs for managing tasks, workflows, engagement in communications, and updating of
online learning systems
- Ability to contribute ideas to improve service delivery and effectiveness in a rapidly
changing environment and demonstrate initiative and flexibility
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a team and a commitment to working collaboratively
in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to be flexible, creatively problem solve and adaptive to daily unforeseen challenges
- Ability to inspire and engage a large volunteer team
- Ability to co-ordinate, manage and support volunteers to deliver high quality legal services.
- Exceptional time management skills and demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks in an
under-resourced environment and often in stressful circumstances
Be a part of the change by working with a leading independent non for profit within the Asylum Seeker and Refugee sector. We recognise and appreciate our incredible staff for their contribution, dedication and passion to support and empower those seeking asylum by providing the following conditions above the award:
- Rostered Days off
- Annual Leave Loading (17.5%) & bonus end-of-year leave
- Complementary cooked lunch provided daily
- Free onsite parking
- Salary Packaging (up to $15k tax free)
- Entertainment Packaging (up to $2k tax free)
- 100 metres from Footscray station and buses
Please find the Position Description here to address the Selection Criteria:
Only applications that addresses the Selection Criteria within a Covering Letter, includes a CV and three professional referees will be considered.
Applications close Thursday 12th December 2019
All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and provision of a valid Working with Children Check prior to commencement SCHADS Award
For further enquiries regarding the role, please contact Veronica Sabo email@example.com or 03 9326 6066.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Legal Practice & Volunteer Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.