About the role
- Full time, Fixed term till 2023
- $67,286- $72,397
In this position you will closely work with other justice agencies to support Aboriginal people throughout their engagement with the criminal justice system. You will Work closely with Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations (ACCOs) and justice stakeholders to build relationships with Aboriginal communities in the region.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose
- Ability to demonstrate community connectedness, understanding of Aboriginal people, culture and the issues that contribute to Aboriginal contact with the justice system
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Aboriginal and mainstream service system and resources available to support Aboriginal people in contact with the justice system.Ability to demonstrate and model high morale, resilience and a genuine desire to work with Aboriginal communities and provide support to outreach clients
- Ability to maintain and develops stakeholder relationship with clients and justice stakeholders to establish goals and outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and delivering effective case management i.e.,create and revise case plans, report writing, advice, support and services to Aboriginal people
Application Deadline is Friday 29 November, 2019
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisations of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal communitycontrolled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Local Justice Worker via Pro Bono Australia.