About the role
Each day, on average, 20 Australians die from a heart attack and heart disease remains Australia’s biggest killer. For 60 years the Heart Foundation has being helping improve heart health across the nation.
The Heart Foundation funds life-saving, world-class cardiovascular research and works to improve disease prevention and care for all Australians. We guide health professionals on prevention and treatment, educate the community about healthy choices and support people living with heart conditions. The Foundation also leads advocacy to government and industry to improve heart health in Australia.
Benefits & Culture
- Attractive salary plus packaging
- Collaborative national development team
- New modern offices close to public transport
- Flexibility available
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer based in Sydney you will play a key role within a national team, and work closely with the state-based CEOs to implement the major gifts strategy to grow revenue.
You will establish and build relationships to secure philanthropic support from individuals, families, as well as trusts and foundations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing a portfolio of major gift prospects/donors and moves management plans
- Implementing new prospect research methodology
- Identifying specific areas of interest for prospective donors to support
- Developing strategies for senior staff and board members to engage in major gifts activities
- Working across teams to develop and deliver tailored proposals
A self-driven fundraising, sales or business development professional, you can demonstrate success in having personally developed major donor relationships, or a sales portfolio to deliver significant revenue.
Ideally you understand current fundraising trends, techniques and challenges – or technical sales methodologies, and bring highly developed communication, influencing and relationship building skills.
You can also demonstrate:
- The ability to work autonomously and collaboratively across multiple teams
- Experience in segmenting donor or client lists and prioritising contact
- Data analysis skills to support the research and qualification of donor prospects
- Strong writing, administrative and organisational skills
You are likely to have completed an undergraduate degree in a related field.
If you want to help reduce the impact of Australia’s biggest killer, please click apply to submit your resume and cover letter in Word format responding to the skills required above. Alternatively, please call James on 03 8080 8978 to discuss.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Major Gifts Manager (VIC/TAS) via Pro Bono Australia.