About the role
Magistrates’ Court of Victoria
Magistrates’ Court Victoria (MCV) is seeking a dynamic, strategic leader to manage the innovative and highly successful Drug Court.
A strategic leadership role influencing the future development of the Drug Court in Victoria.
- An inner-city base, servicing both Melbourne and Dandenong locations.
- A dynamic, evolving and expanding program.
- The opportunity to uniquely contribute to therapeutic and problem solving models of justice.
The Drug Court sits within the MCV Directorate Specialist Courts and Programs. It is a model in which accused persons with entrenched drug and alcohol dependency and criminal behaviours are provided with an opportunity to complete a 2-year Drug Treatment Order (‘DTO’) in order to improve participants health and wellbeing thereby reducing offending behaviour and increasing community safety.
It is an innovative approach with proven success.
Participants agree to participate in a judicially supervised, therapeutically oriented, intensive and integrated drug supervision and treatment regime.
About the role
The Manager Drug Courts provides strategic leadership to achieve the objectives and future development of the highly successful and innovative Drug Court program across its Victorian locations.
You will receive the support you need to develop personally and professionally and work in an environment where you matter.
- Experience leading high-performing multidisciplinary teams
- Experience or understanding of solution-focused courts and therapeutic program delivery within the justice system.
- A tertiary qualification in psychology, social work, law or health, or related field and/or significant work experience in a similar field is desired.
For further information on this position and to submit your application, please visit careers.vic.gov.au by Sunday 8/12/2019.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager, Drug Court via Pro Bono Australia.