About the role
Part-time to full-time (0.8 – 1.0 FTE) fixed term position available
Reporting to the Program Manager, Primary Clinical Services and working with the Director of Clinical Services, the Manager Youth Enhanced Services will lead and manage a team of Enhanced Care Clinicians across Orygen’s four headspace centres and the Enrich program in the Macedon Ranges, Melton, Moorabool and Sunbury. The Manager, Youth Enhanced Services working with the Clinical Director is responsible for overseeing the implementation and maintenance of all aspects of clinical services/activities under the Youth Enhanced funded projects, including developing partnerships with key stakeholders, supporting innovative research and evaluation, managing risk, enhancing operational effectiveness and ensuring contracting compliance.
Working as a member of the management team, the Manager, Youth Enhanced Services will ensure that the delivery of Youth Enhanced services is in accordance with the strategic goals, vision and mission of Orygen and Enrich, contractual performance required for the work plan with the NWMPHN and aligned with compliance processes including the headspace model integrity and quality of services for the headspace platform licensed by headspace National Office.
- Approved tertiary qualifications in allied health or equivalent relevant discipline and eligibility for membership of the associated professional body.
- Strong people management skills at a variety of levels.
- Experience in leading and developing teams, especially supporting staff to work with young people with highly complex needs.
- Well-developed knowledge and understanding of current youth health/mental health policy issues in Australia including early intervention, service system reform and the establishment of integrated and coordinated service delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation and review of clinical governance frameworks and practice, including quality improvement, risk management and compliance monitoring and reporting.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships with a range of service providers and organisations.
- Extensive experience in the provision of professional supervision and secondary consultation with a wide range of professionals.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal), problem solving and negotiations skills.
- Significant experience in the delivery of mental health assessments, crisis management, psycho-education, and short-term focused interventions to young people and their families/carers.
- Commitment to supporting clinical research within the service.
- Knowledge and experience of the youth mental health sector.
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate community awareness and capacity building activities.
- Experience in the development and delivery of youth and family participation programs.
- Experience in the development and delivery of group-based interventions.
About the organisation
Orygen is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on mental ill-health in young people. Further information available at https://www.orygen.org.au/About/About-Us
headspace is a world-first youth mental health initiative that supports young people who are going through a tough time; whether it’s depression, anxiety, relationship break-ups or alcohol and other drug issues. The youth-friendly services at headspace are aimed at teenagers and young adults in recognition of the fact that 75 percent of mental disorders emerge before the age of 25 years. Further information available at https://headspace.org.au/about-us/who-we-are/
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager, Youth Enhanced Services via Pro Bono Australia.