About the role
We seek an exceptional leader, relationship builder and business development manager, capable of negotiating and maintaining partnerships to simultaneously achieve strategic objectives and improved client outcomes for our social enterprise, Child Wise.
Where you come in:
Reporting to the Group Chief Executive Officer, the role is currently based in Carlton, and has flexibility regarding location and work structure. You will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Child Wise, including; its staff, programs and the execution of its mission to be recognised as a leader in the creation of child safe organisations and communities.
A proven leader, you will be responsible for the overall successful delivery of advisory and training services to help organisations implement a child safeguarding culture and practices, policies and processes that support this. You will identify and create new business development opportunities which align with and support strategic objectives as you champion a new phase of growth and development for the organisation.
You will make an impact by:
- Utilising exceptional business acumen and relationship management skills to drive commercial growth and identifying ongoing opportunities for further business development,
- Demonstrating commitment to social justice and social inclusion initiatives,
- Guiding others through important change and growth initiatives.
- Delivering confident and cogent public messages to advocate for, and negotiate on behalf of, our clients.
If we could compose the perfect you…
…You are commercial and a driver of innovation. You have a deep understanding of Social Enterprise and are excited to utilise your commercial nous to realise tangible results for an important cause in a leading For-Purpose organisation. Your experience is vast and includes corporate business as well as exposure to child safeguarding practice. You’re driven to deliver and have the people-leading capability to also motivate others to deliver their best results. Comfortable in a fast-growing organisation, you thrive in dynamic, multi-dimensional environments.
This role requires:
- A proven leader who is highly cognisant of changing political, economic, social and technological contexts,
- A commercial operator, with a clear capability for departmental budget management including the delivery of accurate budgets and financial reports,
- An individual with a demonstrated capability in designing responsive change strategies, and
- Experience in child safeguarding current and evolving best-practice.
Working at Child Wise is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same.
In addition to a connection to social causes, you will have access to:
- Opportunity to define and drive growth in an organisation at the forefront of child safeguarding
- An agile work environment including working from home
- A pet friendly and child friendly work environment
- Competitive salary + super
- Full salary packaging benefits
- Additional annual leave options available
About the organisation
Child Wise, a social enterprise of Save the Children, is Australia’s leading child safeguarding organisations. With over 25 years of experience working with government, non-government and for-profit organisations, we deliver bespoke consulting, coaching, accreditation and training services to help organisations become child safe.
How to apply for this role
We’d love to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on one of the buttons in the ‘Apply’ section. For further details, please contact Sarah Counsell at sarah.counsell@
Applications close 13th December 2019
Position Description – Managing Director, Child Wise
Should you be shortlisted for this role, you may be asked to complete a video screen as part of the recruitment process. We’ll be in touch to discuss further at the time.
We know diversity makes a posit ive difference, and we encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and other diverse backgrounds to apply.
Child Wise is a social enterprise of Save the Children Australia. Being a child-safe organisation, all employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check where necessary, and sign our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Please quote in application: Managing Director, Child Wise via Pro Bono Australia.