About the role
Beyond Blue is seeking an Online Communities Moderator within the Services and Service Innovation Group. This role is responsible for monitoring and moderating user-generated content for Beyond Blue’s online communities, ensuring that these spaces are maintained as platforms that facilitate the safe sharing of personal stories of depression, anxiety & suicide and how lives are affected by mental health conditions. The ideal candidate will be adept at assisting individuals and communities to find, navigate and engage with the appropriate support and services available to them. As an enabler of change, you will curate, organise, and respond to discussions across Beyond Blue’s online forums and social media channels whilst building the reputation of our online communities in collaboration with your team. You will need to be comfortable in contributing input and advice and working cross-functionally with the broader organisation.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
MODERATION & MONITORING:
- Monitoring discussions on all channels for clinical and organisational risk.
- Responding to general requests and queries received via Beyond Blue social Media channels. Liaison with internal stakeholders to resolve issues as they arise.
- Timely and appropriate responses to all social media queries and comments that are time specific and align with Beyond Blue’s protocols and syle guide.
- Monitor Beyond Blue’s multi-platform social feeds, identifying opportunities for posts and interactions.
- Conduct thematic review of and feedback of user insights gained from user-generated content to relevant internal stakeholders that inform campaign ideation and resource development.
- Collaborate on reviews of community guidelines, policies, forthcoming social media content and campaigns.
The successful candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification in marketing, health communications, psychology or related discipline or prior experience in a similar role.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a social media/community management role with an overarching community focus.
- Experience producing written content for a range of audiences
- Proven experience in online, electronic and social media communications incorporating digital dashboards and monitoring software.
- Demonstratable community management whereby you understand and are skilled in community strategy implementation, reporting, online reputation management and community engagement.
You will pride yourself on your attention to detail and flourish in a collaborative environment. Experience working within the not-for-profit, educational, mental health, community or government sectors would be an advantage.
Benefits and Perks
Reporting to the Online Communities Manager, you will be a part of a friendly and highly skilled team. The broader Beyond Blue family promotes a culture of collaboration and respect. Working at Beyond Blue offers flexibility, professional development and the opportunity to be a part of one of the leading mental health organisations in Australia. Benefits include Not-For-Profit salary packaging options, an employee assistance program and wellbeing initiatives. Our office is an easy walk from Glenferrie Station and our Social Squad will ensure that you get to enjoy some fun events in the workplace. Beyond Blue also marks Aboriginal Dates of Significance, such as NAIDOC Week and National Reconciliation Week, as part of our RAP commitments.
About the organisation
Beyond Blue's vision is that all people in Australia achieve their best possible mental health. Our mission is to promote good mental health. We create change to protect everyone's mental health and improve the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by anxiety, depression and suicide.
All employees are expected to act in accordance with Beyond Blue's values, which are Collaboration, Respect, Enthusiasm, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity.
Beyond Blue is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applicants are welcomed to access the Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Plan 2018-2020.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Online Communities Moderator via Pro Bono Australia.