About the role
This full-time position provides effective, efficient and responsive Orientation and Mobility (O&M) services to children and adults with disability and vision impairment. Working within a person and family-centred approach the Orientation and Mobility Instructor focuses on independent and supported travel for people who access VisAbility’s services.
Salary range is between $66,101 – $87,689 (exclusive of superannuation).
What is unique about you?
You are a high performer with a commitment to purpose. You possess courage to pursue your areas of passion and expertise and are not afraid to actively contribute to a workplace of openness, adaptability and care. You understand the value of giving and the power of a story to change perspectives.
We are values led, and for us, attitude is everything.
If this sounds like you and you, then we want to hear from you!
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- Tertiary Qualification in Orientation and Mobility
- Certification of Orientation and Mobility Specialists
- Have an interest in disability;
- Excellent communication and liaison skills as this role requires you to work within an interdisciplinary team and liaise with clients.
What’s in it for you?
Feel rewarded by purpose in your work as you help change lives and create independence for people living with disability.
You should love your job, it’s your right. We want to uncover what is unique about you, and give you the opportunity to grow and have a voice. We want you to pursue your areas of passion, inside and outside of work. At VisAbility, our staff are our brand.
Find out more about who we are and how we operate by clicking here!
We also offer:
- Generous salary packaging arrangements which allow you to boost your income by taking the cost of various everyday living expenses and mortgage repayments from your earnings before tax is calculated;
- Training and growth opportunities fostered through regular staff development meetings to provide you the support and training you need to achieve your professional goals;
- An Employee Assistance Program which offers external counselling and support service to employees and immediate family members;
- Flexible working arrangements to allow you achieve work-life integration.
About the organisation
VisAbility employs professionals in diverse roles and we are always on the lookout for like-minded individuals to build great teams and do great work.
VisAbility has provided innovative, life-changing services to people living with disabilities for more than 100 years. Our professional therapy and specialist services assist people across a range of ages and disabilities in their homes, at school, at work and in the community. At VisAbility, we focus on achieving outcomes, promoting mobility and independence, and improving each person’s quality of life.
We have a vision for independence. We empower people living with disability.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Orientation and Mobility Instructor via Pro Bono Australia.