About the role
Permanent Part-time, 22.8 hours per week (flexible about days)
Reporting to the People and Culture Manager, this position contributes towards finding, retaining and developing the right people for our service. Ideally you will have had experience in a general HR position and enjoy the admin that goes with that, along with a specific interest in EITHER recruitment, WHS or Learning and Development – we can be flexible in structuring this role to showcase your strengths.
We are looking for someone who understands how they contribute to the big picture, puts people first while being detail-focused, and is looking for a long-term career. This role has the potential to become full-time as we continue to grow.
We will support you with workplace flexibility, autonomy, career mentoring, great relationships and development opportunities. Not to mention Wellbeing Days, our EAP service and generous salary packaging options.
All employment at Veritas House is subject to a clear Working with Children Check & satisfactory National Criminal Screening.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from a CALD background are warmly encouraged to apply.
About the organisation
Veritas House is a vibrant not for profit community-based organisation with a specific focus on supporting vulnerable children, young people and their families in the Bathurst and Orange areas. Find out more about us here: www.veritashouse.org.au
How to apply for this role
To apply: Submit your cover letter, resume and a statement addressing each of the following Selection Criteria (use each as a heading and write a paragraph with examples of how you have met the criteria):
- Diploma, degree or professional certification in HR (or in the process of attaining one). Demonstrated experience in an operational HR generalist role.
- A depth of experience in at least one of the following fields: WHS, Learning and Development or Recruitment.
- Demonstrated high level organisation skills and proficiency in administration functions including attention to detail and accuracy in documentation and data entry.
- Ability to ensure privacy, confidentiality and sensitivity in dealing with sensitive information, staff and management.
- Approachable with strong interpersonal boundaries and listening skills together with the ability to empower others.
- Results focussed, self-motivated and a self-starter who is prepared to go above and beyond.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and / or working towards supporting vulnerable people.
Full details of the position can be found in the Information Package on our website: www.veritashouse.org.au
Applications close at 9.00 am on Monday 9th December 2019
We anticipate holding interviews in the week commencing 16th December, with the successful candidate commencing by the end of January 2020.
Please quote in application: People and Culture Officer via Pro Bono Australia.