About the role
- Part Time (o.8 FTE/30.4 hours p/w)
- Based in Ringwood, travel required
The Principal Strategic Advisor (PSA) to the RFVP is a key leadership role within the whole of Government family violence system reform, and will be informed through both the regional experience and statewide participation. This role is instrumental in the further development of the integrated service system and implementation of the family violence reform agenda. The PSA focus is on integration, collaboration and consistency both within the region and more broadly across the state. This is an ongoing, part time role (30.4 hours/week).
ESSENTIAL TO YOUR SUCCESS WILL BE:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social work, social or behavioral science or other relevant discipline
- Advanced project management skills
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage and liaise successfully with a diverse range of stakeholders in the community and government sectors at senior levels
- Demonstrated understanding of the current external context impacting on family violence practice within prevention, response accountability and recovery spaces including government reform, policy and initiatives
- Ability to translate complex issues and policy into reports to inform effective contributions and decision making regarding state and national consultation papers
- Demonstrated experience in convening, facilitation and maintenance of meetings
- The ability to take initiative and to work independently as well as the ability to work collaboratively and make valued contributions as a member of a team
- Demonstrated experience in the planning, development and delivery of community education and development activities and materials
- A current Driver’s License is essential for this position
- Current Working With Children check
- Travel within the Eastern Metropolitan Region will be required with occasional travel to other regions
- After hours work may be required on occasion
- Competent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
The position offers:
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent Professional Development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS all- staff training
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including weekly yoga classes, walk at work, bi-monthly staff shared lunch and birthday calendar
- Regular supervision and management support, including access to EAP
- Internal committees (e.g. Innovation & Development and Quality and Safety) working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
Salary for this position will be aligned with SCHADS Level 8 + 9.5% super.
About the organisation
The Regional Family Violence Partnership (RFVP) is the Family Violence Regional Integration Committee for Inner and Outer Eastern Department of Health and Human Services areas. We bring together the agencies and sectors that respond to family violence – the major players in the current family violence reform agenda of Ending Family Violence: Victoria’s Plan for Change. The RFVP maintains a strong focus on the local system; to understand what is needed at a system level to make a positive difference to the experiences of service users entering and exiting the system at any point; and to inform decision-makers of local system perspectives and thereby influence the direction of centrally-driven reform initiatives.
The goal of the RFVP is to build a system to support women and children’s safety and hold perpetrators of family violence accountable for their behaviour. RFVP brings together representation from a range of sectors across the region including family violence specialist services, men’s services, primary prevention and representatives from sectors such as homelessness, integrated family services, Victoria Police, justice and legal services, Aboriginal services, and the disability sector.
The RFVP is auspiced by Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) who are also a RFVP member organisation. EDVOS is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region providing an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. As auspice, EDVOS has the responsibility for RFVP funding and financial performance, internal business processes, and supervision and support of the PSA. The Principal Strategic Advisor is required to comply with the conditions of employment of EDVOS as the auspice agency and this includes all of the EDVOS organisational accountabilities.
How to apply for this role
How to Apply
Please download a copy of the position description for the role (attached). For further information regarding the role please contact Liz Billings on (03) 9259 4200. Applications including cover letter, CV and a separate document addressing the key selection criteria (as outlined in the position description) should be forwarded to email@example.com using the subject line: ‘Principal Strategic Advisor, RFVP’ by Monday 16th December 2019.
Appointments with EDVOS are subject to a police records check, working with children check and reference checks. EDVOS predominantly employs women, including women from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) communities, as per the findings of Equal Opportunity exemption H327/2017 and by special measure. This is due to the specialist nature of the work and the services that EDVOS provides to women and children who are responding to family violence in the community. EDVOS actively promotes a safe and inclusive workplace where workers are free from discrimination and are afforded dignity and respect.
Please quote in application: Principal Strategic Advisor, Regional Family Violence Partnership via Pro Bono Australia.