About the role
Work with Melbourne’s most progressive housing and homelessness organisation
- Shortlisting immediately – apply ASAP!
- Permanent Full time role
- Salary packaging of up to $15,900 tax free
- 5 days Wellbeing leave (on top of annual leave)
- Great Cheltenham location, close to public transport, shops and cafes
- Flexible working environment
The Private Rental Assistance Program Team Leader, will manage a small team dedicated to supporting families and individuals to access or re-access the private rental market. The program seeks to secure affordable rental opportunities for persons experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness and/or provide support to ensure those in private rental (but at risk of homelessness) to meet their rental obligations.
The Team Leader will work across our Cheltenham and Dandenong sites and is responsible for the supervision of the members of their team. The team leader will provide case support and guidance to workers and ensure effective client outcomes.
The successful candidate will have:
- experience in providing supervision that is supportive and promotes professional development and accountability
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- excellent time management and the ability to effectively prioritise tasks, demonstrate initiative, be proactive and anticipate areas where assistance is required
- a demonstrated commitment to social justice and to the empowerment of disadvantaged members of the community
- the skills and experience in working effectively and sensitively with a broad range of clients, including those with complex and mental health needs
- the skills to build, maintain and grow healthy key stakeholder relationships, especially with service partners, referring organisations and real estate agents.
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary with salary packaging available and generous staff benefits such as additional leave days and the chance to contribute to the positive and supportive culture at one of Melbourne’s largest housing and homelessness organisations.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
To obtain a full position description and to apply for this opportunity, please follow the 'How to Apply' instructions. If you would like additional information regarding this role, please contact Rachel Evans on 0429674269.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will be required to complete a Working with Children check and Police check. Launch Housing is an Equal Opportunity employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as a unique expertise, and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.
Please quote in application: Private Rental Assistance (PRAP) Team Leader via Pro Bono Australia.