About the role
The Program Evaluation Specialist will develop, manage and execute a diverse range of program evaluations of both current and revised prevention and preparedness programs delivered by CFA.
The Program Evaluation Specialist will support and raise the quality of CFA’s Fire Prevention and Preparedness programs and activities by implementing the recently developed monitoring, evaluation and reporting system to ensure programs are evaluated. The Program Evaluator will work closely with Headquarters and Regional staff to ensure regular data collection and analysis of data on program delivery.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (eg:, evaluation, social science, community engagement, community safety, project management) is preferred, and/or relevant industry experience (equivalent 3 years minimum).
- Demonstrated ability and experience in monitoring and evaluating community-based programs.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills including strong negotiation, public speaking and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary evaluation practice.
- Highly developed organisational and planning skills in the context of a complex, changing business environment requiring agility and flexibility.
- Proven ability to engage stakeholders at varying levels and seniority while maintaining effective working relationships.
About the organisation
The Country Fire Authority (CFA) is one of the world’s largest, and most highly regarded community based emergency services organisations. We respond to fire and other emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Whilst our firefighters are the cornerstone of CFA services, what goes on behind the scenes is just as important in helping to protect lives and property.
How to apply for this role
When applying for a position with CFA, the key to progressing in the selection process is the quality of your application. Your application must demonstrate that you have the qualifications, experience, key attributes and skills required for the position.
Applicants must address the selection criteria outlined in the attached position description.
Your application should include:
- Cover letter
- Responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Submitting your Application
When you click the ‘apply’ button you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details and respond to employment-related questions.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a National Police History Check.
CFA supports flexible working arrangements and is committed to being an inclusive, fair and child safe organisation for all staff, volunteers and the community.
Please quote in application: Program Evaluation Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.