About the role
CMY seeks two Project Officers for their Community Support Group (CSG) Youth Leadership Program. The Project Officers will be responsible for the development and delivery of the leadership program that focuses on building leadership skills of young people from South Sudanese background through having their voices heard and share their experiences and perspectives through youth led leadership/mentoring activities. The program will give priority to the views of young people in shaping, informing and in driving the design and delivery. This will include identifying, recruiting, supporting and facilitating young people through youth groups; identifying gaps and needs and delivering tailored leadership training and capacity building through workshops and other identified appropriate approaches; supporting young people to scope areas of interest, consult with stakeholders and advocate to decision makers at various levels.
- 2 Positions
- Hours: Part Time, 30.4 hours (4 days) per week (0.8 FTE)
- Fixed Term: Until September 2020
- Base Salary: SCHADS 5, $76,767 per annum pro rata (plus Super and access to Salary Packaging)
1 Position X Dandenong/Casey
1 Position X Melton/Brimbank
- Applications Close: Midday 12:00 pm , Friday 15 November 2019
You will have
- Demonstrated experience in leading, planning and running youth groups and youth-led projects as well as delivering and facilitating training and capacity-building workshops to young people in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated commitment to youth participation practices and community development principles with understanding and sensitivity to issues affecting young people from South Sudanese backgrounds.
- Demonstrated group work skills and a sound understanding of youth group dynamics.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to effectively engage with young people, families, and professionals and collaborate with staff across multiple regions.
- A well developed understanding of and sensitivity to intergenerational issues including a sound understanding of gaps in intergenerational communication and ways of addressing intergenerational conflicts between South Sudanese young people and parents.
For more information
- About the role (including Key Selection Criteria), download the Position Description available here: http://www.cmy.net.au/careers
- About CMY: visit http://www.cmy.net.au/about-us
- Contact: Archangelo Nyuol Madut, Program Manager – Community Support Groups on (03) 9340 3763.
About the organisation
The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
How to apply for this role
Email the below documents to email@example.com specifying the location you are applying for using the subject line: <Insert Your Name & Preferred Location> Project Officer - CSG CMY176 :
- Your updated resume / CV
- A document outlining your responses to each of the key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description available at http://www.cmy.net.au/careers.
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and short listed candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Please quote in application: Project Officer – CSG Youth Leadership (CMY176) via Pro Bono Australia.