About the role
- 6 months, Fixed-Term
The Project Officer Housing and Partnerships reports to the Active Manager Housing and Partnerships to deliver high quality frontline customer services, tenancy management services and implement service agreements to ensure the housing needs of people are met.
- Engage people with disability who have complex needs and their support networks to promote the opportunity of independent living at new Specialty Disability Accommodation (SDA).
- Provide SDA tenancy management services
- Provide tenancy transition support
- Ensure that the documentation required to apply for and secure tenancy, including SDA tenancy, for people with disability is procured and of high standard.
- Under supervision, handle enquiries and provide appropriate information & referral regarding the range of available housing options for people with disability assistance to apply for appropriate housing, with a focus on specialist disability accommodation.
- Under supervision, provide advice and assistance to an SDA provider regarding the promotion of properties, selection of applicants and tenancy transition planning.
- Under supervision, participate in tenancy matching & establishment meetings & reporting to an SDA provider
- Under supervision, participate in support provider set up and establishment meetings with SIL providers, and establish and implement collaboration agreements
- Support & advise stakeholders in relation to the development of housing plans for NDIS participants with a focus on SDA
- Engage with NDIS planners and support coordinators
- Maintain databases incusing contact, tenant and stakeholder information
- Collect and maintain information about client needs need and demand for housing options including SDA and accessible housing
About the organisation
Haven; Home, Safe is the leading provider of integrated homelessness and housing services and Victoria’s first registered affordable housing association. Haven; Home, Safe is a dynamic and rapidly growing organisation and the only fully integrated agency in Australia to provide both homelessness services and affordable housing. We are a Charity with DGR status, committed to the communities in which we operate.
How to apply for this role
For a detailed description of the position to apply for this position and to access the key selection criteria, please click on the download attachments tab.
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume and a statement addressing the key selection criteria - please note, only complete applications will be considered.
Closing date for all applications - COB 9th December 2019
Please quote in application: Project Officer - Partnerships and Housing via Pro Bono Australia.