About the role
About the organisation
Summary of program and its objectives:
The Financial Inclusion department is committed to innovation and developing new models for tackling financial exclusion which can be replicated by other community organisations and furthering the policy debate about financial inclusion. The Financial Inclusion department understands that, given appropriate support, people on low incomes can save, build assets and repay debt.
Main responsibilities of the role:
The Remote Site Coordinator supports role supports Saver Plus participants to establish a savings habit, build their financial knowledge and skills and save for the children’s or their own education. In addition, this position works collaboratively with the Program Manager and ANZ to promote the program to the relevant community networks and support this partnership.
To meet the selection criteria, candidates will require:
- Experience working in a similar role, promoting programs and maintaining productive
- working relationships with local community networks
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating or delivering training to diverse audiences
- (individuals and groups)
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan
- workload, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective
- relationships and liaise across all levels both internally, externally and with people from
- diverse backgrounds
- Proven ability to work with limited direction and as an effective team member to
- achieve outcomes
- Understanding of the issues associated with social and financial exclusion in Australia
- and familiarity with programs which seek to address these
- Good attention to detail as well as proven experience in maintaining accurate records
- in a timely manner
- Current Victorian drivers license
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood
This is a Part-Time 6 month Maximum Term position working 30 hours per week based in Fitzroy.
Salary will be in the range of $69,305.03- $75,960.93 pro rata per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
To view a full Position Description please click here.
For further information about the role phone John Davis on 0491155334
As part of the Brotherhood’s recruitment and selection process, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: National (and International if applicable) Police Check, Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, Right to Work in Australia, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and current professional registration.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has a vision of an Australia free of Poverty. We embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people. We embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contribution to our organisation.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Remote Site Coordinator, Saver Plus via Pro Bono Australia.