About the role
Renew’s Events Manager is responsible for organising Renew events including Speed Date a Sustainability Expert (SDSE), Sustainable House Day (SHD) and Renew’s presence at shows, fairs and other regular ad-hoc events. This role is Melbourne-based, part-time (3 days/week) and involves working at events which often occur on weekends.
Working within the communications team the Events Manager will work closely with the Marketing and Manager to help conduct and promote the events.
Primary responsibilities include:
Speed Date a Sustainability Expert
• Source and recruit experts for SDSE events
• Update content on SDSE website and co-ordinate attendee bookings
• Communication with attendees, experts and partners
• Oversee event logistics including signage and catering
• Develop post event survey and report
Sustainable House Day
• Source, and co-ordinate potential houses for SHD and homeowner liaison
• Recruit and liaise with local community groups
• Recruit, train and manage volunteers
• Develop content for the SHD website, eBulletin and social media
• Assist Marketing Manager in sponsorship opportunities
• Update website and liaise with web developer
• Conduct post-event evaluation and develop post event report
• Development and tracking of event project plans and budgets
• Co-ordinate staff and volunteers for Renew’s presence at shows
• Staff Renew stall at shows
• Other duties, as directed.
Required skills and qualifications
• Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing events
• Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and in-person
• Excellent project management skills including planning, budgeting, reporting, personnel and time management
• High level computer literacy
• Experience with social media platforms including eNewsletters, twitter, facebook, Instagram
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a consultative and inclusive manner
• Preferable: knowledge of sustainable building design, technologies and other sustainability solutions.
Please send through a cover letter and CV addressing the required skills and qualifications.
Applications close: Monday, 9th December, 2019, 5pm
Send enquiries and applications to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ph: 03 9631 5405
About the organisation
Renew is a dynamic organisation in an increasingly high profile and rewarding field
Renew (Alternative Technology Association trading as Renew Australia) is a national, not-for-profit organisation that inspires, enables and advocates for people to live sustainably in their homes and communities. Established in 1980, Renew provides expert, independent advice on sustainable solutions for the home to households, government and industry.
We have helped thousands of households save money and reduce their environmental footprint with information on energy efficiency, solar power, rainwater tanks, materials reuse and waste.
Renew engages with more than 250,000 people each year around Australia and beyond. We work with more than 11,000 members in a network of 14active branches throughout the country. Our community of climate change action includes readers of our two market-leading sustainability magazines Renew and Sanctuary, attendants at our Speed Date a Sustainability Expert and Sustainable House Day events, users of our online information and calculators, people contacting our advice service, and our research and advocacy partners.
Renew advocates in government and industry arenas for easy access to sustainable solutions as well as continual improvement of the technology, information and products needed to change the way we live.
Renew also provides consultancy services based on our technical expertise in energy, water and communications.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Renew Events Manager via Pro Bono Australia.