About the role
- Lead and support the facilitation and develop of programs, projects and services to support young people in the community
- Temporary full-time, with flexible hours, contracted to 31 December 2020
- Salary from $89,015 plus super and fortnightly RDO
Based in our Point Cook facility, the Senior Youth Support Officer is responsible for the ongoing development and continuous improvement of the programs and services that the youth services unit delivers to our young community. You will be entrusted with the development and leadership of a broad range of different programs and projects, ensuring that they are successfully implemented within budget and measuring the success factors for our young people.
You will be leading and supporting youth service staff and volunteers, maintaining the supportive and positive team culture to achieve shared outcomes. Our team works in close collaboration with the community and will continue to allow the young people to shape and guide or service delivery.
What you’ll deliver
- Collaborative guidance to a variety of internal groups, young people and external stakeholders
- Successful development, improvement, delivery and assessment of our current services and new projects to come
- Develop close working relationships with external partners, advocating for the needs of young people and allowing for positive outcomes for our young community
- A continuous improvement approach to your work, using a variety of assessment methods to evaluate programs and innovate to improve all aspects of our service
- Coordinate and support our casual staff, managing projects and programs within our service
What you’ll bring
- Knowledge and experience in youth services, community development and program delivery for young people
- Exceptional problem solving and coordination skills, being able to confidently manage any unexpected setbacks and direct staff to ensure positive experiences
- Understanding and sensitivity to the needs of young people, including issues impacting young people and their families
- Accountability to and understanding of risk management, adhering to council policy
- Degree in the area of social science, community development or human services discipline and relevant experience in the Youth / Social work sector and experience in a similar role
- A positive, curious and flexible mind
Be part of something more
Take a look at our job opportunities and you may be surprised at what you discover: a future-focused culture, a sense of purpose and possibility, and real opportunities to strengthen our diverse community. It all adds up to make Wyndham City a great place to belong.
Our people are our most valued asset. We are focused on building a culture that empowers every person to do their best work. Flexibility is built right into our DNA and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce. Ask us how this role can be worked.
So, are you ready to shape new possibilities?
About the organisation
We are Wyndham, one of Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse cities.
Our people are hard at work designing the precincts, building the infrastructure, developing the policies and delivering the programs that will ensure the City is prepared to welcome over 200,000 new residents by 2040.
Shape new possibilities. Be part of something more.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Youth Support Officer via Pro Bono Australia.