About the role
We strongly encourage and welcome applications from people with a lived experience with intellectual disability, people located in geographic locations other than NSW and people with strong networks in business and Government. NOTE: The Board is numerically well represented by NSW and Qld directors though nominations from those states will be given equal consideration
The role of the Board is to provide governance and strategic leadership to the organisation and will comprise people with a wide range of skills and backgrounds. Director positions are voluntary and there is no remuneration.
Currently Special Olympics Australia is seeking Directors with the following experience:
– Education (Schools)- intellectual disability or sports
– Media, Marketing and Fundraising
– Government Relations – particularly sport or intellectual disability
– Research (socio economic / policy)
– Organisational risk
The Board of Directors meets an average of six times a year plus an Annual General Meeting. Some meetings are via video conference. The Directors may be required to be a member of a subcommittee to the Board and these include the following:
– Finance Audit and Risk Management
– Nominations and Remuneration
– Other adhoc committees as required.
Expectations of Board Members includes:
– Build a collegial working relationship with other board members that contributes to a consensual approach to decision making
– Utilise own skills, networks, experience and knowledge to support the growth and success of Special Olympics Australia
– Attend and actively participate in meetings
– Stay informed about committee matters, prepare well for meetings, and review and comment on minutes and reports
– Serve on sub-committees
Expressions of interest are welcome at any time however this process will close on Monday 25 November 2019. Written EOI’s are welcomed and a short bio accompanying the EOI is encouraged.
About the organisation
Special Olympics is a global inclusion movement using sport, health, education and leadership programs every day around the world to end discrimination against and empower people with intellectual disabilities.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Special Olympics Australia Board of Directors via Pro Bono Australia.