About the role
Take us to more Australians!
Apply your strategic marketing skills to broaden and deepen engagement with the nation’s leading environment organisation.
- Step into a leadership role in the country’s premier marketing, digital media and community mobilisation team.
- Join a supportive and energised organisation, and let your skills shine in support of our important work protecting Australia’s environment.
- A permanent position with a salary of $108,956.04 per annum plus 10% superannuation and great working conditions.
The Strategic Marketing Manager leads the Marketing Team within the Engagement Directorate and is responsible for developing and delivering a brand marketing strategy for ACF.
The Strategic Marketing Manager is also a key contributor to communications strategies for campaigns, our organising program and fundraising, ensuring ACF’s brand attributes and tone of voice are reflected in audience tactics, messaging and stories.
The Strategic Marketing Manager steers a team that creates and contributes to content for communications products, designs and delivers organisational events, organisational website content, ACF’s membership program, as well as key partnerships to achieve organisational, campaign, fundraising and organising objectives.
- You have a track record of success developing and implementing marketing strategies for, preferably, non-profit or charitable organisations.
- Your experience at a senior level managing a brand, including understanding audiences and the research and data analysis required to appeal to and meet their needs.
- Also key to this role is experience in, or a demonstrated ability to, creating and implementing production management systems, as well as managing complex and demanding workflows.
- This is a hands-on doing role, as well as deep thinking role, and this will require excellent writing and editing ability.
- You may be looking to move from another sector into the environmental non-profit sector, but irrespective it is vital you understand advocacy and how marketing can drive it.
If this is you, we want to hear from you! Don’t miss this exciting opportunity.
About the organisation
The Australian Conservation Foundation is Australia’s national environment organisation – over 600,000 people creating a world where forests, rivers, people and wildlife thrive.
A handful of people formed ACF 50 years ago when mining first threatened the Great Barrier Reef. Now the ACF community has grown into a powerful force for nature.
We bring together people from community, government and business. Our community advocates against pollution and destruction, and for our living world. We hold decision makers to account. We champion big ideas and find common ground with unlikely partners.
We love and protect the web of life right across our continent, from the Kimberley to the Reef, the reef down the Great Dividing Range to Tasmania’s forests.
People power our campaigns. We are proudly independent, non-partisan and funded by donations from our community.
How to apply for this role
Submit your application including a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria, and a resume, to Paul Sheridan, ACF’s Engagement Director, at www.acf.org.au/work_with_us by 9am Monday 2 December, 2019.
View the full Position Description on our website www.acf.org.au/work_with_us
We welcome applications well before the deadline date and may contact candidates to progress to the next stage of recruitment prior to 2 December, so please get in early! We want to hear from you!
ACF is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQI people and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job.
As part of ACF’s recruitment process, a criminal background check will be conducted.
We request no agency contact please.
Please quote in application: Strategic Marketing Manager via Pro Bono Australia.