About the role
Key Responsibility Areas
1. Identifying new and existing supporters of significant value to the agency and establishing a personal relational connection with them.
2. Nurturing relationships with these supporters through appropriate regular contact; thanking, reporting-back, increasing understanding and engagement with projects and partners, and inviting supporters to deepen their commitment and contributions to projects and partners.
1. Visiting congregations and promoting the work of UnitingWorld and offering multiple pathways for communities to support UnitingWorld through fundraising, prayer and advocacy.
2. Supporting congregations to identify and commit ongoing support to a UnitingWorld program, and negotiate the arrangements and expectations around that commitment.
3. Nurture congregations and report back on project developments, supporting the relationship through frequent communications and visits where appropriate.
Team Leadership (for the extended role)
1. Manage the work of the Australian Partnerships Team (APT) and the Ambassador Program to deliver growth in financial support through the nurture of supporter relationships.
a. Develop, implement and monitor innovative plans for nurturing supporter relations within agreed budgets and with agreed objectives.
b. Recruit, manage and support staff in the APT: plans and priorities, monitoring and reviewing performance, professional development support.
c. Analyse and report the impact of the Australian Partnership Team and the Ambassador Program on relational health and financial support.
About the organisation
UnitingWorld collaborates with churches across the Pacific, Asia and Africa to deliver programs that address poverty and injustice and build leadership and institutional capacity.
UnitingWorld is an agency of the Uniting Church in Australia (UCA), working exclusively through collaboration and relationships with partner churches in our region. The relevance and effectiveness of UnitingWorld programs is built on the foundations of strong partnerships between churches, based on shared faith and history.
UnitingWorld programs focus on themes that are significant existential issues for our partners: poverty alleviation, gender equality, disaster/climate change preparation and leadership and organisational capacity.
How to apply for this role
For more information call Rick Carpenter 02 8267 4267 or email RickC@unitingworld.org.au
Please quote in application: Supporter Relations Manager, NSW via Pro Bono Australia.