About the role
- Ongoing full-time opportunity
- North Fitzroy location
- Competitive remuneration package with salary packaging benefits available
About the Community Integration and Accommodation Options (CIAO) Program
CIAO lead tenant is a supported accommodation program for young people aged between 15 and 18 years who are on a child protection order and are transitioning to the community from out-of-home care. The program aims to provide a stable environment where young people can develop the skills necessary to achieve their goals, with the support of MCM’s staff and volunteer team. The CIAO program comprises four properties in Melbourne’s North West, accommodating 8 young people, and also incorporates Targeted Care Packages (TCPs), tailored placements developed around individual young people aged 12 – 19 years who are on a child protection order.
The program provides support to young people to successfully transition out of out-of-home care to the community.
About the role
This position represents a great opportunity for an applicant who is an established or emerging leader in the youth services or out of home care areas. The role involves practice innovation, leading teams and developing case management and accommodation responses for young people in, and transitioning from the care system.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the provision of high quality, solution-focused whole of person services to all young people in the programs; to implement and oversee new responses with the Coordinator / Manager.
- Provide high quality leadership, formal and informal supervision, support and development for staff and volunteers.
- Be responsible for monitoring program staffing against the program’s business plan and funded hours.
Skills & experience include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor level qualification extensive experience of working with young people.
- Experience leading a team working with young people at risk.
- An understanding of the Child Protection and out of home care service systems.
- Excellent leadership, communication and problem-solving skills.
Please review the position description below for the full duties and key selection criteria.
We offer a competitive remuneration package including an attractive salary, access to tax-effective salary packaging arrangements and supportive work/life balance provisions. MCM recognises the importance of investing in the training, learning and development of our employees.
About the organisation
We are a leading community support organization working alongside people to live the life they aspire to, their way, providing a broad range of support in Homelessness, Justice, Disability, Palliative Care, Early Childhood Intervention Services (ECIS), and Early Years and Education service areas. A career with us means you are part of an organisation making a real difference.
Click here to find out more about us!
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader – CIAO Program via Pro Bono Australia.