About the role
Your future workplace
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul – we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
Your new role
This role, and the Fundraising team, is directly responsible for raising vital funds required to sustain Sacred Heart Mission’s many programs and services. Your skills will be crucial in ensuring that many of our programs remain operational and relationships with our funders remain strong.
You will be focussed on our mission, vision and values when delivering your applications and reporting. You will also relish opportunities to develop internal relationships with your team and client services colleagues, to learn more about the programs and the organisation. This role is designed for someone with a can do attitude and a keen eye for detail. Someone who is constantly on the lookout for new funding opportunities and new ways to develop their knowledge.
As an experienced trusts and foundations coordinator, you will be accustomed to researching internal and external environments. Your first priority on the job will be to ensure that our current funders are stewarded appropriately and that as much of their support is retained as possible. You will do this by:
- Proactively engaging with your client services colleagues to learn about the programs and services which require funding.
- Reporting on current funding where necessary.
- Building a stewardship plan for these people
Once you are more comfortable with the funder retention activities you have established, you will begin to look at future funding opportunities by:
- Updating and maintaining the organisation’s Case for Support suite.
- Researching and assessing the pool of prospect funders.
- Developing applications to attract funding from new or lapsed funders.
You work will lead the research and knowledge base for the team and is responsible for upholding our exceptional brand reputation.
We’re looking for
- With proven success in trusts and foundations fundraising
- Who is values aligned, flexible and independent.
- With excellent written and verbal communication skills, who can understand and program models and sector language and translate into something meaningful and inspiring.
- Who is team-focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills
You can look forward to
- Being a part of a well-established, successful and highly engaged team
- Being in the heart of St Kilda, close to public transport and restaurants
- Making a positive difference for the people we support and the wider community
- $35.07 – $37.84 per hour
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Access to in-house training
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Trusts and Foundations Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.