About the role
- Plan, implement, facilitate and evaluate a combined-school Student Representative Council (SRC) for our community
- Temporary part-time, contracted to 31 December 2020
- Salary from $72,984 plus super and fortnightly RDO
Based in our Point Cook facility, the Youth Participation and Leadership Officer is responsible for facilitating, mentoring and guiding the combined school SRC in Wyndham. You will be proving the support to ensure that our young community has their voices heard in the consultative decision making and advocating for their initiatives.
What you’ll deliver
- Provide the guidance and assistance needed to empower the students of the combined school Student Representative Committee
- Develop and maintain collaborative stakeholder relationships, allowing for young people to engage in collaborative conversation
- Work with young people to develop youth-led events that target young people in the community, creating opportunity for participation
- Deliver robust reporting to senior members of the unit to ensure appropriate adherence to the goals and objectives of the position
- Assist any young people who present to the youth services facility or require assistance through other means of communication, treating issues with the understanding and sensitivity required to support potentially complex problems
What you’ll bring
- Knowledge and experience in youth services, community development and program delivery for young people
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to gain cooperation from groups of young people, their families, schools and other partners
- Demonstrated ability to oversee projects, including the development, implementation, assessment and monitoring over project briefs, schedules and budgets
- Understanding and sensitivity to the needs of young people, including issues impacting young people and their families
- Post-secondary school qualification in youth work or related area, and/or extensive experience at a service delivery capacity in a youth related field
- A positive, curious and flexible mind
Be part of something more
Take a look at our job opportunities and you may be surprised at what you discover: a future-focused culture, a sense of purpose and possibility, and real opportunities to strengthen our diverse community. It all adds up to make Wyndham City a great place to belong.
Our people are our most valued asset. We are focused on building a culture that empowers every person to do their best work. Flexibility is built right into our DNA and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce. Ask us how this role can be worked.
So, are you ready to shape new possibilities?
About the organisation
We are Wyndham, one of Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse cities.
Our people are hard at work designing the precincts, building the infrastructure, developing the policies and delivering the programs that will ensure the City is prepared to welcome over 200,000 new residents by 2040.
Shape new possibilities. Be part of something more.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Youth Participation and Leadership Officer via Pro Bono Australia.