About the role
- Manage the Aboriginal Health team and oversee the delivery of Aboriginal health programs and activities
- Make a meaningful contribution to the health, wellbeing and dignity for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in Northern Melbourne
Your Community Health is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Aboriginal Health Coordinator to join the Aboriginal Health team in this full-time (part-time 0.8 FTE negotiable), ongoing position.
About the role
The Aboriginal Health Coordinator will manage the Aboriginal Health team. This team provides culturally appropriate access to health services and support to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities across northern Melbourne.
Your passion and commitment will see you:
- Manage the Aboriginal Health team.
- Oversee the delivery of Aboriginal health programs and activities.
- Inform the Reconciliation Action Plan, together with the Aboriginal Health team and in consultation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, societies and kinship networks.
- Experience working in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander services and programs.
- Experience managing staff.
- Project management skills.
- An Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person is sought for this role by Your Community Health as a special measure pursuant to Section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010.
- Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria contained in the position description as part of their cover letter.
- Interviews for this position will be held during the week commencing 16 December 2019.
What is on offer
You will join a dedicated, caring and talented team, with a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to professional and career development of all our staff and truly value work-life balance. Staff have access to generous not for profit salary packaging benefits, discounted gym memberships and work in a great location with free car parking, close to shops and cafes.
About the organisation
Your Community Health provides a comprehensive range of medical, dental and allied health services and support programs to anyone, through a combination of outreach, client-based and centre-based activities. Our purpose is to enable health, wellbeing and dignity for all people in northern Melbourne by providing responsive and accessible services. We provide priority access to those most at risk of health inequalities and those that may face barriers to accessing traditional health services.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Aboriginal Health Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.