About the role
St Bart’s is looking for an experienced case manager to join its team in Reconnecting Lives. You will be working along with community partners, real estate agents and landlords to seek new housing pathways for people experiencing homelessness. We are looking for a self-motivated, experienced, agile and passionate Case Manager to deliver successful outcomes for people leaving supported accommodation into the community.
The successful candidate will work closely with the project team on a fixed term contract until April 2020 with the possibility of extension dependent on funding. You will be responsible for working within a housing led philosophy to provide client focused case management to enable clients to achieve sustainable housing outcomes.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering support services to those with Mental Health issues and whose work ethic and personal values align to those of St Barts: Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration, Social Justice.
Your core responsibilities in this position will include:
- Delivery of professional needs assessment, case planning and management, including case conferencing
- Negotiate, network and liaise with other services to benefit the clients
- Act as a liaison between the client and the housing provider, where necessary
- Perform work with a legislative and ethical framework
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to facilitate sustainable housing and community inclusion outcomes for clients
To be considered for this position you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in a Social Science or a Diploma/Cert IV (plus 3 years’ experience) in Community Services, Social Science, Social Work or Nursing
- Have relevant experience in a similar role
- Have a current First Aid Certificate
- Have a current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Proven experience in Wellness, Recovery and Trauma informed principles
- Previous experience working with homelessness, mental health, alcohol and drug abuse
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Proven experience working in isolation and/or limited supervision
- Have a valid WA C class Drivers Licence
- Be an Australian Citizen or have permanent working rights to work in Australia
About the organisation
St Bart’s is a not-for-profit organisation that provides a diverse range of services for those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Services include supported accommodation, recovery focused accommodation for those with Mental Health issues, residential aged care, and aged care home services.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Manager – Reconnecting Lives Program via Pro Bono Australia.