About the role
About the program
Brosnan Services, an arm of Jesuit Social Services, has accompanied and worked with people involved in Victoria’s criminal Justice system for 40 years.
We support people to overcome the legacy of negative experiences in their lives by re-affirming their value and worth as individuals. Our approach emphasizes empowerment as a key principle when engaging people with multiple and complex needs. We give attention to their skills and strengths rather than deficits; and to self-determination and responsibility rather than dependency.
About the role
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced case support worker who is able to provide case management to men and women exiting prison.
ReConnect provides transitional support to eligible participants who are exiting custody and will be residing in the North and West Metropolitan regions of Melbourne. In order to facilitate community reintegration and reduce reoffending the program supports participants to address seven key domains; housing, mental health, AOD, employment, education, training, independent living skill, family and community connectedness.
This full time role is located at Brunswick, with the requirement to travel between prison locations.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Work closely with the senior practitioner to support day to day operations of the Reconnect program.
- Manage a case load of participants with multiple and complex needs
- Ability to work without supervision in the community in an outreach capacity.
- Support participants to develop individually tailored case plans that are goal focused and participant led.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification/s and/or experience in field required
- Experience working effectively with people engaged in the criminal justice system and a strong understanding of the challenges facing men and women as they transition from prison to community
- Understanding of good practice frameworks
- Strong relational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated understanding of working within a compliance framework
A base salary of $69,200 per annum, plus superannuation and salary packaging, together with ongoing professional and career development.
What Jesuit Social Services can offer you:
- A comprehensive Induction and Orientation program
- Ongoing role related training and development
- An organisation that lives their values, through our day to day work
- A welcoming and supportive environment
- Employee assistance program
- A competitive salary plus salary packaging benefits
- Generous leave
About the organisation
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential.
Since 1977, we’ve provided services in some of the most disadvantaged in our community.
We place a high priority on advocacy and are a leader in policy development and research.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Support Worker - ReConnect via Pro Bono Australia.